PCD Timeline - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Performance Center Delivery

Performance Center Delivery
Are you interested in picking up your new BMW at the Performance Delivery Center in beautiful South Carolina? Get all your questions about picking up your car answered here by staff from the Performance Delivery Center and other members who have already had the experience! ... View the PDC Wiki -- View the Delivery Date Calendar -- Add Your Delivery Date to the Calendar

Old 10-07-2019, 02:21 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 Porsche 911 C2 Cab
PCD Timeline

I am ordering my X7 this week - October 10, 2019

Here are a few logistics questions...Any help from members of this forum (including pointing me in the direction of established PCD threads) would be greatly appreciated

I searched this Forum as best I could, however, I still have the following questions:

When, relative to the date I place my order, should I expect to be assigned my PCD Date?

How am I notified of my PCD date?

How flexible will BMW be with my PCD Date (i.e. if a Wednesday is assigned and I need it to be a Friday, will they allow me to switch dates? Can I delay the PCD for my built X7 by several weeks?)

Does Thanksgiving and Holidays impact my Fall PCD (i.e. is this process suspended for weeks/months in November/December)?

Does PCD allow me to take delivery of my X7 sooner than if it was delivered to my dealer (Virginia)?

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2019, 01:37 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: M340i
I will answer what I can...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guards Red Car View Post
I am ordering my X7 this week - October 10, 2019

Here are a few logistics questions...Any help from members of this forum (including pointing me in the direction of established PCD threads) would be greatly appreciated

I searched this Forum as best I could, however, I still have the following questions:

When, relative to the date I place my order, should I expect to be assigned my PCD Date?
You should be offered a date a week or two after placing your order and being assigned a production number. I have done two so far and both times I think I was offered dates before my car even entered production.

Quote:
How am I notified of my PCD date?
Your SA at the dealer will notify you.

Quote:
How flexible will BMW be with my PCD Date (i.e. if a Wednesday is assigned and I need it to be a Friday, will they allow me to switch dates? Can I delay the PCD for my built X7 by several weeks?)
They are flexible and will work with you to find the best date. Of course, they are limited by space and the number of vehicles available. When I took delivery of my 340ix they held the car for almost six weeks due to my limited time windows. Longest six weeks of my life.

Both times I did deliveries the staff at the PC went above and beyond to accommodate me. The first time was so I could combine the delivery with a driving course, and the second time to ensure I had M340 for the driving portion of the delivery.

Quote:
Does Thanksgiving and Holidays impact my Fall PCD (i.e. is this process suspended for weeks/months in November/December)?
I suspect they take the weekend off, but it is not going to add weeks/months. I seem to recall someone at my last deliver say they were doing deliveries on Dec 26th...

Quote:
Does PCD allow me to take delivery of my X7 sooner than if it was delivered to my dealer (Virginia)?
No. You will generally be able to get the vehicle faster if you take delivery at the dealer. Doing a PCD will add two to three weeks to the delivery process, but it is well worth the delay. Particularly since you will get to tour the factory where your car was built.

Hope that helped.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Performance Center Delivery
Today's Posts Search