BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

The Official F3x OT Thread!

176K views 301 replies 50 participants last post by  Andy01 
#1 ·
The official F3x off-topic thread.

All standard forum behavior rules apply (no personal attacks or NSFW content).

BOOM

#2 · (Edited)
In. Because of my 2,251 posts in E36 OT :D

Reactions: ericwgreen
#3 ·
We've tried this before and it never has really worked, but good luck bro.

:AF330i:

C:\>Sent from my 386 using MS-DOS__

#4 ·
Worked in the e9x. Sides, I have it on good authority this will be the magic one :) Either that or this sub-forum will feel the wrath of my OTness ;)

#5 ·
now play nice boys.....:angel:

i just kinda dig it because it's a cool idea and is catching on (finally....)

i hope that you guys enjoy your ot thread as much as we do ours. it's a meandering adventure for sure, and was a heck of a lot more fun than the ot forum in general. (at least *i* like to think so....)

so, i'll do my best to keep these rascals in their cage, since it was *i* who posted a link to this thread (i thought it was cool to see you guys doing it as well :thumbup:), but if you've ever had teens you know how rammy they can be at times...:tsk:

anyway, hope yours works out for ya!!

df

#7 ·
DF, you'd have had no idea I posted here if I wouldnt have said anything about it...

And if anyone needs to be kept in their cage, I think it would be you, storytellin' and all that other non sense...

:angel:

#10 ·
It would cut down on the number of ridiculousness as a whole, really...

#11 ·
The official F3x off-topic thread.

All standard forum behavior rules apply (no personal attacks or NSFW content).
Oh God, no.

The E9X has an OT thread because the entire forum became overrun by 17 year olds and their used E90's. It was the only place for anyone over the age of 30 to go to try and have some normal conversation. And then it went downhill. And then the 50 year olds started talking like the 17 year olds. And then the cliques started.

Delete this thread. We don't need it. There is enough good conversation here because the forum is filled with new-car-buying adults. You don't even own an F30 for christsakes, stop trying to take over the forum. It's great the way it is, thanks.

BJ

#15 ·
Oh God, no.

The E9X has an OT thread because the entire forum became overrun by 17 year olds and their used E90's. It was the only place for anyone over the age of 30 to go to try and have some normal conversation. And then it went downhill. And then the 50 year olds started talking like the 17 year olds. And then the cliques started.

Delete this thread. We don't need it. There is enough good conversation here because the forum is filled with new-car-buying adults. You don't even own an F30 for christsakes, stop trying to take over the forum. It's great the way it is, thanks.

BJ
My ED pictures prove another point

#12 ·
We're a little bit upset, eh?

BJM3 said:
Oh God, no.

BJ

#13 ·
I know what comes with the OT thread and I am trying to save the forum from it, trust me on this one. There's a perfectly good OT thread in the E9X forum, let it carry on its silliness and cliquishness over there. We don't need an E90 M3 owner with a goat fetish over here, trust me.

BJ

#14 ·
what's wrong with goats?? :dunno:

i've raised other farm animals as well, btw....

as for immature/mature content and whatnot, that happens in almost every forum, on every board i frequent. bimmerfest just seems to be doing a much better job with regard to keeping people on the polite side of things.

well, almost. :eeps: kinda ignore poly sci.....:tsk:

regardless, though, the e36 forum probably has a hugh number of young bmw owners as well and we seem to have a pretty good handle on the topics and such. seldom does anything get out of control in our 'clique'. if it does, we have several regulars who have noob and ban hammers that are not afraid to use them.

just ask temmoc and headtwista. they'll remember us....;)

i'm not saying that there aren't going to be rowdy ones around, but i believe they'd be rowdy on *any* online forum, not just an e vs f chassis or the like.

besides, if you do not wish to participate in an ot thread, the beauty is that you *don't* have to. :dunno:

just because i am not very fond of sweets doesn't mean that mrs df is not allowed to partake.

so you may wish to vote the thread down, but it will just pop up under another one if it gets shut down (pssst, guys, if you put 'super stealthy' in front of the title, the mods won't be able to see it.....worked for the tacos....even jon wasn't aware we had them until he saw them....:angel::D).

so i vote yay for ot threads. :thumbup:

df

#17 ·
well, i believe that this is probably *the* most ot thread *EVER*....because there seems to be an awful lot of non-f30 owners (myself included) in here.

see what happens when someone leaves the door open and the neighborhood pranksters put up a sign that says 'free beer inside' on the window??:p

seriously tho, i hope this takes off and becomes a popular thread. perhaps we'll even meat some of you guys @ bf east?? i look *exactly* like my avatar, so i'll be easy to spot. :D

come on over and chat!!:thumbup:

df

#20 ·
After this I shall leave the newly formed OT thread to those who own F3xs.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Why would you do that?

#19 ·
I thought all Bimmerfest threads were OT? :dunno:

#23 ·
This thread needs more cat facts.

Some cats have survived falls of over 65 feet (20 meters), due largely to their “righting reflex.” The eyes and balance organs in the inner ear tell it where it is in space so the cat can land on its feet. Even cats without a tail have this ability.

A cat rubs against people not only to be affectionate but also to mark out its territory with scent glands around its face. The tail area and paws also carry the cat’s scent.

Researchers are unsure exactly how a cat purrs. Most veterinarians believe that a cat purrs by vibrating vocal folds deep in the throat. To do this, a muscle in the larynx opens and closes the air passage about 25 times per second.

When a family cat died in ancient Egypt, family members would mourn by shaving off their eyebrows. They also held elaborate funerals during which they drank wine and beat their breasts. The cat was embalmed with a sculpted wooden mask and the tiny mummy was placed in the family tomb or in a pet cemetery with tiny mummies of mice.

:thumbup:

#25 ·
This thread needs more cat facts.

Sorry, this thread does not support cats. On the other hand it does support goats!

#24 ·
*cough* Jared *cough*

Attachments

#29 ·
Goats it is, then!

An intact adult male goat is called a buck. A castrated male goat is called a wether. An adult female goat is called a doe. Immature goats collectively are called kids. Male goats under one year of age are called bucklings, while female goats under one year of age are called doelings. The terms "Nanny" (female) and "Billy" (male) to differentiate the sexes are in general disfavor in "official" goat circles. Don't get caught saying these terms or you will be labeled an amateur.

Goats were the first animals domesticated by man somewhere are 7,000 -10,000 B.C.E.

The ancient Egyptian Pharaoh Cephranes was buried with more than 2,000 goats.

Goats live 8 to 12 years.

There are over 200 recognized breeds of goat

Goat size is extremely variable based on breed. Females can range from 22 to 300 pounds with males ranging slightly larger at 27 to 380 pounds. Meat breeds are generally heavier than dairy breeds.

Both male and female goats can have horns and beards. Male goats can breed as early as 4 months old, and females at 7 months old. It is advisable to wait until goats reach 60%-75% of their adult weight before breeding (approximately one year old).

#30 ·
^:tsk:
These are the kinds of goat facts we like.
"1964 Pontiac GTO was initially offered as an option package on Pontiac Tempest LeMans.

The car is considered as the very first muscle car. Essentially, it is the first one to coin the concept of high-performance, low ***8211;cost muscle cars.

While a maximum of 5000 sales were expected, total sales of 1964 Pontiac GTO summed up to 32,450 units. The car was a success beyond imagination and expectations."

#33 ·
Yolo.

#35 ·
We are stickied :)

#37 ·
Googled "goat meme"

First result is epic

Attachments

#38 ·
As the community gets tighter it should. They put one in the e9x forum and at first i hated it. But my options were post OT in the thread, or have my OT threads be moved to the regular OT board which sucks goat milk producing glands.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.