2014 X1 can I stream music via bluetooth - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - 2015)

X1 E84 (2011 - 2015)
First generation BMW X1 availbe as a X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i xDrive.

Old 06-23-2018, 05:48 AM

Mein Auto:
2014 X1 can I stream music via bluetooth

Hello All !! I am SO HAPPY to finally be a BMW owner !! I am trying to get familiar with my new baby and thought I would reach out and see if anyone on here could perhaps help me with whether my X1 has the capability to stream music via bluetooth ?

My VIN number last 7 digits are VY10113

I have been reading and looking at Youtube videos and getting "mixed" messages ? I did update the my software version.

Thank you in advance !!
Cheers,
Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2018, 11:39 AM

Mein Auto:
If you donít have iDrive then you have to buy an adapter and run it through the Aux

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest
Old 06-24-2018, 03:12 PM
Drink the koolaid or else

Mein Auto: 2017 Volvo XC60 T5
Best way is to just use the y cable adapter and plug it into the usb/audio under the dash.
2015 X1 sDrive XLine - "Hamilton Maxwell"
2009 MINI Cooper Clubman - "Oxley"
2007 Volvo S60 2.5T
2007 X3.0si PlatBronze/Beige
2006 X3 3.0i, Flamenco Red/Beige
1997 528iA, Oxford/Tan
1994 318iS, Black/Gray
1979 528iA, RubyRed, Tan
1971 2002, Sahara, Saddle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2018, 06:45 PM

Mein Auto:
WOW ..Thanks to Zgrunstein and kjboyd both for your replies. I have Idrive.. I have navigation system... yet I do not see any option for being able to highlight my Iphone for audio... there is no "gray/unlit" music icon visible to highlight like it says on the video tutorials I have watched ? I "think" I updated my Idrive software by downloading latest version from BMW website... however I downloaded in to the car through the USB on my console NOT THE USB in the glove box... does this matter ?

I have gone ahead an ordered the Bluetooth "Y" adapter USB and 3.5 plug in case this is the only way I can stream music via bluetooth from my phone ?

I will keep searching for potential fixes on the web as to me I "should" be able to stream music via bluetooth in a 2014 BMW... my 2011 Hyundai has this feature ?

Thanks again !!
Cheers,
Dave
Old 06-24-2018, 07:12 PM
Drink the koolaid or else

Mein Auto: 2017 Volvo XC60 T5
2014 X1 can I stream music via bluetooth

I THINK in the 2014 the streaming was an option you had to add to iDrive. If I recall. Yes, you need to use the glove box usb for the software updates.

And welcome to the reality of options vs standard in the German automarket. =)

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest
2015 X1 sDrive XLine - "Hamilton Maxwell"
2009 MINI Cooper Clubman - "Oxley"
2007 Volvo S60 2.5T
2007 X3.0si PlatBronze/Beige
2006 X3 3.0i, Flamenco Red/Beige
1997 528iA, Oxford/Tan
1994 318iS, Black/Gray
1979 528iA, RubyRed, Tan
1971 2002, Sahara, Saddle

Last edited by kjboyd; 06-24-2018 at 07:13 PM.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:13 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprdave63 View Post
Hello All !! I am SO HAPPY to finally be a BMW owner !! I am trying to get familiar with my new baby and thought I would reach out and see if anyone on here could perhaps help me with whether my X1 has the capability to stream music via bluetooth ?

I have been reading and looking at Youtube videos and getting "mixed" messages ? I did update the my software version.

Thank you in advance !!
Cheers,
Dave
I'm currently in the process of learning to code Enhanced Bluetooth to my BMW X1 . I bought a dcan cable from amazon and I'm learning to use the software before coding it .
Old 06-27-2018, 08:34 AM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfan View Post
I'm currently in the process of learning to code Enhanced Bluetooth to my BMW X1 . I bought a dcan cable from amazon and I'm learning to use the software before coding it .
Car has CIC-MID (MOTION) Head Unit with Combox and 6NH Hands-free with USB interface. You need to edit FA and change 6NH to 6NK or 6NL for cars with Telematics / BMW Assist, and then use modified FA to VO Code HU_CIC and CMB_MEDIA Modules.

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Old 06-27-2018, 08:35 AM

Mein Auto: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprdave63 View Post

Thank you in advance !!
Cheers,
Dave
Car has CIC (PREMIUM) Head Unit with Combox and 6NH Hands-free with USB interface. You need to edit FA and change 6NH to 6NK or 6NL for cars with Telematics / BMW Assist, and then use modified FA to VO Code HU_CIC and CMB_MEDIA Modules.

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Old 05-22-2019, 01:57 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Quote:
Car has CIC-MID (MOTION) Head Unit with Combox and 6NH Hands-free with USB interface. You need to edit FA and change 6NH to 6NK or 6NL for cars with Telematics / BMW Assist, and then use modified FA to VO Code HU_CIC and CMB_MEDIA Modules.
Hi I've only just got round to doing this and I got to the page where you add the $6Nk

I have a few questions.

When I get to the FA pop-up screen, for the Attribute text field, I go to input the SA or Service Code. But it doesn't let me change it, the only option is to add?

When I go to write the code hu_cic and cmb_media not options?

Any help as I spent months stuck trying to work out how to code using the man file only to find out that this was how I should have done it
Old 05-23-2019, 12:16 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Quote:
Hi I've only just got round to doing this and I got to the page where you add the $6Nk

I have a few questions.

When I get to the FA pop-up screen, for the Attribute text field, I go to input the SA or Service Code. But it doesn't let me change it, the only option is to add?

When I go to write the code hu_cic and cmb_media not options?

Any help as I spent months stuck trying to work out how to code using the man file only to find out that this was how I should have done it
Anyone?
Old 07-08-2019, 02:53 PM

Mein Auto: z4
I have been tempted to get one of these

Seems like a plug and play, but I have never found a review or installation youtube vid

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-25-Andro....c100005.m1851
Old 07-08-2019, 03:17 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 328i x-drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2k_o__o View Post
I have been tempted to get one of these

Seems like a plug and play, but I have never found a review or installation youtube vid

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-25-Andro....c100005.m1851
I've thought about buying something similar for my X1. It didn't come with iDrive.

Not even sure if -40 degrees is cold anymore ?
Old 07-08-2019, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukoner View Post
I've thought about buying something similar for my X1. It didn't come with iDrive.
The kit also come with the i-drive controller.

I am not too electrically inclined, but if this is just simply a plug-and-play with some soldering work, I would be down for it.
Old 07-08-2019, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2k_o__o View Post
The kit also come with the i-drive controller.

I am not too electrically inclined, but if this is just simply a plug-and-play with some soldering work, I would be down for it.
I suspect there's a good amount of custom cutting and drilling and such required. None of these are EVER fully, 100% "plug n play". I'm guessing this is a good 6 to 8 hour job, to do properly.

Old 07-11-2019, 06:30 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 X1 xDrive28i
I have the base audio system and don't have iDrive. I think the best audio feature is using a USB flash drive loaded with music. With a $10 flash drive you can load more music than you could listen to in a year and the sound quality is better than bluetooth.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimH46 View Post
I have the base audio system and don't have iDrive. I think the best audio feature is using a USB flash drive loaded with music. With a $10 flash drive you can load more music than you could listen to in a year and the sound quality is better than bluetooth.
I fully agree with this. I don't understand why people want to BT their phones and stream music I have USB drives in both my E90s as well as the E84. Want to change music ? Bring it inside and plug it into the laptop. Done.

Old 07-11-2019, 09:36 AM

I ended up getting this for $11 CDN on amazon.
It works great on my 15' x28i with Audio Professional
but the downside is it has so many cables hanging in front, especially I also have a dash camera cable coming out from 12V charger

Old 07-12-2019, 09:42 AM

Mein Auto: BMW X1 (E84)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgrunstein View Post
If you donít have iDrive then you have to buy an adapter and run it through the Aux

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest
I have used this for two years, connects successfully 75% of the time. Great for the price!

https://www.amazon.com/Firefly-Bluet.../dp/B01HDO66NK

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - 2015)
Today's Posts Search