The new economics of Euro Delivery - Page 16 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 08-21-2019, 08:58 AM
Lost but making good time

Mein Auto: '11 335xi 4dr; '03 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvogt1 View Post
My 2008 ED cost ....

It was easier to figure the vehicles cost back then as the price sheets spelled out ED Invoice values. I haven't seen anything like that for 2019 or 2020 models.
Invoice prices, a/k/a wholesale prices, were listed on the confidential wholesale price sheets. Then, as now, BMW NA regards that information as proprietary and not for public distribution. Several years ago they cracked down hard on those who had been routinely providing that information to BF and elsewhere; ever since, only the retail sheets have been available. I presume BMW NA made the consequences of leaking confidential price data too severe to risk.

BMW CCA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2019, 06:00 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '02 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by roup1 View Post
Ditto! I did quite few EDs from 1999-2014. The deals that I shopped after 2014 were horrible compared to the heavily incentivized US delivery deals. On my last deal, I got nearly 20% off MSRP on a 340i lease for US delivery through a combination of incentives and Black Friday deal.

We still go to Europe regularly and instead of doing ED, we rent cars from Sixt. I've had some really fun BMWs from Sixt. And it's very liberating not having to worry about my car while touring Europe...it's a rental!

This is my experience as well. Far cheaper to rent a BMW from SIXT in Bavaria. :-(

2002 ED E46 330CI
2018 PDC Awaiting date
Truth comes in three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Then, it is violently attacked. Then it becomes self evident.
Old 09-22-2019, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 320i (F30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeichen311 View Post
Invoice prices, a/k/a wholesale prices, were listed on the confidential wholesale price sheets. Then, as now, BMW NA regards that information as proprietary and not for public distribution. Several years ago they cracked down hard on those who had been routinely providing that information to BF and elsewhere; ever since, only the retail sheets have been available. I presume BMW NA made the consequences of leaking confidential price data too severe to risk.
Still, old information is useful.
Step by step instructions when a hood release cable needs replacement. https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=981724
SIB 11 13 15 oil filter housing for the F30 - metal since mid-2013 and can be retrofitted without charge
https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=951692

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > European Delivery
Today's Posts Search