BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Wire Harness under shift boot of a 2000 Z3 M

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jrmartin03 
#1 ·
I have received great information from all who have responded. Thank you again. So You folks have helped me to remove the shift knob and shift boot. Pretty easy when you know how! I have reconditioned the leather shift boot and have reinstalled the boot and knob. The question that I have today is... What is the 2 wire harness (that is open ended with a connector and leads) that was found spooled up under the Shift boot foam insert? Our Z3 M is prewired with for Mobile, 6 CD changer, and something else. I'm presuming that these 2 wires are prep for one of the 3 options. Again, some guidance would be helpful.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
shifter wire harness

Thanks for the information. I find it interesting that you mentioned that it was a standard feature. When I removed the knob and boot to recondition the leather boot I noticed these wires. The wire harness and the end of the wires are all wrapped in the same black cloth tape that I have found elsewhere in the car. Maybe the knob was never installed. Anyways, your information and knowledge is greatfully received! Would you know how I could find out how many of 2000 Z3 M's were manufactured as Titanium Silver with a red / black interior along with a red convertible top?
Thanks. AD.

#4 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.