Bluetooth connection issues while streaming - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 G05 (2018 - Current)

X5 G05 (2018 - Current)
G05 BMW X5 produced between 2018 to Current. Discuss the G05 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 04-29-2019, 08:42 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2019 X5 4.0i MSport
Bluetooth connection issues while streaming

Had the car since late December and have been listening to Sirius this whole time. I decided to stream some music from my Iphone XS plus over the weekend and noticed that the music would play for a bit and then BT connection would be lost (message will appear on the screen saying that). It would then either reconnect automatically or I would have to press play on whatever app I was using. BT works perfectly for calls without any issues.

Is anyone else experiencing a similar issue? Any solutions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2019, 12:11 PM

Mein Auto: 2019 X5 40i
I have seen a number of folks mention that problem. Some say that turning the phone off and on will fix it for awhile. The 03/2019.37 update also supposedly fixes the bluetooth connectivity issues.
Old 04-29-2019, 12:25 PM

Mein Auto: 2019 X5 4.0i MSport
I haven't seen any avaialbale updates

I check for available updates through the car weekly and it says none available. I believe I am still on the original 11/18 version. Can I get an update you mentioned without going to the dealership?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2019, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzkrutoy View Post
I check for available updates through the car weekly and it says none available. I believe I am still on the original 11/18 version. Can I get an update you mentioned without going to the dealership?
Over the Air updates are not available yet for the X5, they can only be done by dealers. That update will hopefully fix your bluetooth as well as enable your cornering lights if you have the laser headlights. Many report though that it takes away the ability to use Siri by pressing the button on the steering wheel.

I'm holding off on getting the updates for awhile because I have no major issues and only occasionally encounter the BC button or missing weather widget issues.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:01 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzkrutoy View Post
Had the car since late December and have been listening to Sirius this whole time. I decided to stream some music from my Iphone XS plus over the weekend and noticed that the music would play for a bit and then BT connection would be lost (message will appear on the screen saying that). It would then either reconnect automatically or I would have to press play on whatever app I was using. BT works perfectly for calls without any issues.

Is anyone else experiencing a similar issue? Any solutions?
I have the exact same isue, and the same phone. But it happens with every iphone in my family, they are other models.
There's no software update available from the web, but the dealer said it might be fixed with a software update made on the dealership. I haven't taken it yet but will soon, I've only had this car for 2 weeks now.

PS: love the car btw, totally awesome it's my first BMW.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:07 PM

One thing to try is to delete the device in iDrive and forget the BMW on the iPhone. Then go through the pairing process but do not share your contacts when asked. After that is all complete if you want iDrive t see your contacts then go into the ConnectedDrive app and share them in there. Some folks say doing this process has eliminated the bluetooth dropping issue.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 G05 (2018 - Current)
Today's Posts Search