Servotronic, ABS and ASC malfunction - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW Questions

General BMW Questions
Use this forum to ask general question about the BMW ownership and keep up on the latest BMW news. Direct all model specific questions to model specific forums below.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2019, 10:10 AM

Mein Auto:
Hey, I recently bought a 530d E60 2007 and last week the ASC and ABS lights lit up as well as the servo stopped working, every time I turn the car off and start it up again everything works fine until I've driven it for a couple of minutes then it all comes back, servo failure and both lights come back.

I tried looking it up on google and only found that the ABS sensor might be the problem. I cleaned all ABS sensors but no luck. Plugged in an OBD reader but couldn't get it to read the active steering, in the ABS/DSC section the only error code was "DSC: road speed general"
I also looked at each wheels speed while driving and all 4 were giving the same speed.

From my understanding while trying to look this problem up google the ASC, ABS and DSC is connectes somehow? If something fails in one of the components all of the lights light up?
Sorry if there is a ton of posts about the same problem but I have spent hours trying to find a solution, I'd rather post here and hope someone knows what might cause it instead of leaving it to a shop that will cost me hundreds for what might be an easy fix I can do myself.

Last edited by Seizy; 05-16-2019 at 10:13 AM.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW Questions
Today's Posts Search