2015-328i ; New Rims help. Will 20.5 back and 20.9 front fit ? - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums



Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-16-2018, 09:03 PM
chispy chispy is offline
Registered User
Location: Puerto Rico
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 5
Mein Auto: BMW 328i - 2015
2015-328i ; New Rims help. Will 20.5 back and 20.9 front fit ?

Good evening everyone. After having my 2015 Melbourne Red Color BMW 328i for a while i have decided to give it a complete facelift and makeover. I want it to look more aggresive , sporty looking , younger feel car with a touch of my own view on the M sport package.

The car already have Premium package , Lightning package , etc... but it does not have the M Sport package so i want to try and recreate my own view of the M sport look.

Things that i have bought and have in mind, will be doing shortly:

1. Black Kidney Grill with the 3 color M Sports stripes on it to replace the chrome and black original one.
2. Carbon fiber lip rear spoiler.
3. Tinted deep black windows.
4. Steering wheel cover M performance carbon fiber look.
5. Seat belts shoulder pads M performance in red leather.
6. Red color caliper covers.

and here is where i really do need a lot of help:

I want to mount a set of ( sporty looking ) black rims on it. I have in mind and been recommended 20" rim size by some car detailers , and here comes the question looking for advice.

Can i mount 20" rims , 20x9 front and 20x10.5 back ? I'm unsure about the back rims 20x10.5 size.

" Will it fit without modifications the 20x10.5 back rims and tires flawlessly " ?

Does anyone knows the maximum dimensions for 20" rims on a 2015 328i sedan without the M Sport package ?

All i'm missing is this information so that i can have a go ( green light ) re assurance and buy the new black rims to complete my project. That's all i need the rims and tires to complete and finish my already in progress project.



Thank you in advanced for any answer ,advice , opinion.

Last edited by chispy; 05-16-2018 at 09:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 05-17-2018, 08:16 AM
pdegene pdegene is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Minneapolis, MN
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 216
Mein Auto: 14' BMW 335xi M-Sport 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by chispy View Post
Good evening everyone. After having my 2015 Melbourne Red Color BMW 328i for a while i have decided to give it a complete facelift and makeover. I want it to look more aggresive , sporty looking , younger feel car with a touch of my own view on the M sport package.

The car already have Premium package , Lightning package , etc... but it does not have the M Sport package so i want to try and recreate my own view of the M sport look.

Things that i have bought and have in mind, will be doing shortly:

1. Black Kidney Grill with the 3 color M Sports stripes on it to replace the chrome and black original one.
2. Carbon fiber lip rear spoiler.
3. Tinted deep black windows.
4. Steering wheel cover M performance carbon fiber look.
5. Seat belts shoulder pads M performance in red leather.
6. Red color caliper covers.

and here is where i really do need a lot of help:

I want to mount a set of ( sporty looking ) black rims on it. I have in mind and been recommended 20" rim size by some car detailers , and here comes the question looking for advice.

Can i mount 20" rims , 20x9 front and 20x10.5 back ? I'm unsure about the back rims 20x10.5 size.

" Will it fit without modifications the 20x10.5 back rims and tires flawlessly " ?

Does anyone knows the maximum dimensions for 20" rims on a 2015 328i sedan without the M Sport package ?

All i'm missing is this information so that i can have a go ( green light ) re assurance and buy the new black rims to complete my project. That's all i need the rims and tires to complete and finish my already in progress project.



Thank you in advanced for any answer ,advice , opinion.
Rubbing will occur with anything wider than 9.5 without other modifications. 20" Rims will definitely fit, but you'll need to keep the width below 9.5. Personally, I think 19" wheels look best on this car.

Without offset information, we cant really help about the flushness of the fitment.
__________________
2014 335xi M-Sport 6MT: Estoril Blue II, MPPK, Dinan CAI, Dinan Stage 3, ER Chargepipe, AA FMIC, M-Sport Brakes.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-17-2018, 07:47 PM
chispy chispy is offline
Registered User
Location: Puerto Rico
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 5
Mein Auto: BMW 328i - 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdegene View Post
Rubbing will occur with anything wider than 9.5 without other modifications. 20" Rims will definitely fit, but you'll need to keep the width below 9.5. Personally, I think 19" wheels look best on this car.

Without offset information, we cant really help about the flushness of the fitment.
Thank you so much for that information i really appreciate it . After spending most of the day reading and researching on the net i found some very informative youtube videos , that along with the information you have provided and after talking to my detailing guys i reach a conclusion. I have dropped the idea of 20" rims completely and i will be going with 19" rims , to be exact: Front rims 19.0 and back 19.5 , tires included front = 235/35/19.0 back = 265/30/19.5 , after my extensive research it will fit flush and no modifications needed nor any rubbing will occur. Thank you for the help. I will post some pictures onced i finished the whole project as i still undecided about the rims as i have like 10 different styles that i like in black.

Kind regards: Chispy
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 05-18-2018, 06:50 AM
pdegene pdegene is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Minneapolis, MN
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 216
Mein Auto: 14' BMW 335xi M-Sport 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by chispy View Post
Thank you so much for that information i really appreciate it . After spending most of the day reading and researching on the net i found some very informative youtube videos , that along with the information you have provided and after talking to my detailing guys i reach a conclusion. I have dropped the idea of 20" rims completely and i will be going with 19" rims , to be exact: Front rims 19.0 and back 19.5 , tires included front = 235/35/19.0 back = 265/30/19.5 , after my extensive research it will fit flush and no modifications needed nor any rubbing will occur. Thank you for the help. I will post some pictures onced i finished the whole project as i still undecided about the rims as i have like 10 different styles that i like in black.

Kind regards: Chispy
Good stuff

Make sure they are flush, so you don't have to have any spacers installed!

Then.....post some pics!
__________________
2014 335xi M-Sport 6MT: Estoril Blue II, MPPK, Dinan CAI, Dinan Stage 3, ER Chargepipe, AA FMIC, M-Sport Brakes.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-18-2018, 10:37 AM
Miner2380 Miner2380 is offline
Registered User
Location: CT
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 2
Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 328xi
Hi Chispy. What rim styles are you looking at? I'm doing a similar project on a silver 328. Was looking for more ideas. Drop me a text 860-718-5875 if you want to bull**** about some options
Reply With Quote
Reply

See More Related BMW Stories


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
© 2001- VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.