Valve stem seals help for you - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest Regional > Regional Forums > Great Lakes Region - IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, and WI

Great Lakes Region - IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, and WI
Regional forum for members in IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, and WI.

Old 08-21-2019, 10:35 PM

Mein Auto: 745li
Valve stem seals help for you

YOU GUYS IN WI ARE LUCKY TO HAVE SOMEONE LIKE THIS GUY CLOSE TO YOU GUYS.

I hope this will help that regular “Joe” like myself.

About me, I own a 2006 BMW 750li with the N62 engine, just like many other BMW OWNERS, I have the leaking valve stem seals and I called a few shops to see how much this job will cost me as I had no clue about this engine, 6 shops I called told me that they DO NOT work on them cars because it’s a very hard job and that I would have to mess with the timing and so on. Most of them also told me that I should just sell it ASAP because the repair is going to cost me a lot more then, the car is worth. I was lost for words, because it is awesome car and she look amazing, she ride great and I just simple love this car. I was thinking to myself what to do, I do not have the skills to do this job nor do I have all the fancy tools. The last 6 shops I called told me RUN RUN RUN. I called BMW dealer and they told me that they can do the job but it would cost me $5367.99 and that if I wanted to trade in the car they would give me $500.00 for it. I was just lost, confused and speechless at the same time.

I started to look on YouTube videos to see what so hard about this job, I watched many videos but many of them were confusing and I started to have many more questions but had no one to answer them. I came across this video () and they said that they rent the tools and sell the complete set of seals and gaskets. (To me that sounded just awesome to be able to get everything at once) also had a Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/BMWAGAN62TOOLRENTAL) all about this issue and only this issue.

I texted them 414 -629-6459 and my text was “ Hi my name is jack and I have a 2006 BMW 750LI and I need to replace the valve stem seals and I watched a few of your videos on YouTube and I have a few questions whenever you have time please give me call, thank you jack.”
I was thinking to myself that who knows when he will call or if he even will call. It took 30sec after I sent that text I got a call from tony from Tony’s tool rent service, and I was shocked. We spoke for 30 min on the phone and answered all my questions I had and after talking to him he made me feel so confidant, that I could do this job myself.

I ordered the tools and the seals/gaskets from them on a Monday and got them by Wednesday delivered was I shocked that fast. When I got the package
Inside the package was
• THE AGA N62 VALVE STEM TOOL KIT
• LEAKDOWN TESTER
• EMERGANCY SPARE PART KIT( WHICH I THOUGHT WAS AMAZING THAT THEY MADE SURE YOU ARE COVERED 100% IF YOU NEEDED ANYTHING IN CASE)
• THE COMPLET SET OF SEALS AND GASKETS
Everything that is needed A-Z
Set contains:
1 x Valve Cover Gasket Set, cylinder 1 -4,
1 x Valve Cover Gasket Set, cylinder 5 - 8,
8 x Spark Plug Tubes
2 x Seal for Eccentric shaft sensor
32X Valve stem seals
1x left upper timing chain gasket
1x right upper timing chain gasket
each valve cover gasket set consists of:
1x Valve Cover Gasket
8x Valve Cover Nut Seals
5x Bolts with Seals
2x Grommets
1x Camshaft Adjuster Seal

Everything showed up as promised and I was ready to get to work. I managed to take the valve covers off which took me a long time and many times called tony from who I got the tools rented from and asking him many more questions as I went along, I started to take pictures and posting them on the Facebook group and so many people giving advices and helping out I was just so happy I had that option as well that made me feel in a way that I wasn’t alone (yeah I did the work myself but I had so much support from tony and his Facebook group that it was priceless)

Once I finally had the valve covers of I was asking myself “WILL THIS CAR EVER RUN AGAIN LOL” Once I was ready to go to work with the tool I called tony again and this time we video chat thru Facebook and he again walked me thru the 1st valve how it is done that made me feel 100000% SECURE to have him watch me do the 1st valve and I build my confidence that I was able to get this job done myself as I knew I had tony and his Facebook group right there when I was unsure about. It really was a game changer and I really got my hopes back that this beautiful car was going to run again.

Please don’t believe what people say about this job that they have never done, don’t be afraid to do this job you’re self it is well worth doing this and you are not alone if you rent the tools from them.

Hardest part about this job was removing and installing the valve covers.

If you need to rent the tools
TONYS AGA TOOL RENTAL SERVICE IS THE PLACE TO GET THEM FROM,
FACBOOK GROUP CALLED “BMW AGA TOOL RENTAL”
PHONE NUMBER: 414 629 6459 TONY
OR GOOGLE THEM AND READ WHAT OTHER PEOPLE SAID ABOUT THIS SERVICE AS WELL.

I HOPE MY STORY WILL HELP YOU KEEP YOUR CAR AND SAVE A TON LIKE I WAS ABLE TO THANX TO THIS NICE GUY TONY AND HIS BRILLINT SERVICE.
MY CAR IS FINALLY SMOKE FREE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
n62 leaking valve seals, n62 smoking

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest Regional > Regional Forums > Great Lakes Region - IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, and WI
Today's Posts Search