07 ///M Coupe's on HOLD! - Page 4 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums



Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)

E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)
E85 Z4 Roadster, E86 Z4 Coupe, E85 Z4 M Roadster, and E86 Z4 M Coupe talk with our BMW gurus here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 10-13-2006, 12:09 PM
mtbscott's Avatar
mtbscott mtbscott is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,131
Mein Auto: 2012 991 Carrera
I was at the Grand Opening of the local Porsche dealer's new building last night and ran into the sales manager of the BMW store where I'd been considering a MZ4. When I told him about this delay, he had a look of shock on his face. Don't know if he's got customers waiting, but it was the first he had heard of it.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #77  
Old 10-13-2006, 01:05 PM
Zuzax's Avatar
Zuzax Zuzax is offline
Calvinball Professional
Location: In the Transmogrifier
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,104
Mein Auto: '07 M Roadster
Quote:
Originally Posted by beauport View Post
BMWNA is now very aware of the situation and aware their communications on the matter was not handled well. They are trying in good faith to ensure everyone is taken care of. I'm not sure a universal solution is the best answer as we aren't "one size fits all" regarding what they can do to make this right.
How do you know this? Has someone other than the PC staff contacted you?

My experience is that BMW is letting the Logistics Coordinators at the Performance Center (Ginger and Dannielle) bear the brunt of this and is telling them to blame the EPA for everything.

On a semi-positive note, I have been told that our completed cars are under some sort of "covered parking".

As far as "making it right" my choices have been presented as follows. Either:
  1. Take PC Delivery at some point 6-8 weeks out.
  2. Have car shipped at some point 6-8 weeks out, and attend a pseudo-PC Delivery (with a "delivery" walkthrough of one of their fleet cars, lol, then fly home on my own dime) at some time after the first of the year
  3. Don't buy the car and get my deposit back

For those of you who have been contacted, who has contacted you and what has their specific response been? Have you gotten a better "offer" for reparations that what I listed above?
__________________

2007 Z4 M Roadster Sepang/Sepang-X/Black, Premium, Nav, BMW Strut Bar, Stubby Antenna, Dice, UUC clutch stop, Star Specs, and the rest joyfully stock.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 10-15-2006, 10:35 PM
F360C F360C is offline
///Mtourage
Location: Sparta, NJ
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 486
Mein Auto: MPOWER
Well guys my brother and I returned from the performace center on Saturday! The whole experience was a blast..... I don't know what was better, hot lapping the m coupe or the insane thrill ride Mr. Donnie Isley took my brother and I in an E60 M5!

Ok and now onto the important stuff about the 07's and the EPA BS..... we'll I am sorry to say but I was not able to get a look at any of our cars. The lot that they keep the cars in is right across the street from the performace center but I was told that we are not allowed over there! ARRRRR.... I was in a stones throw of my new coupe but could not take her home. I think they made me more mad than anything! I sort of in a way feel bad for the people at the performance center because this was all jsut dropped on them by the factory at the last minute! Who ever is running the factory really dropped the ball by waiting so long to inform the performace center of this delay. The real piss off is that no one there could give me a date as to when I can pick up my car! We jsut have to wait day to day and lets this BS process works it self out which is going to make it a nightmare for me to be able to be able to get back down from school in canada on such short notice to pick up my car!

I think we should all get the OEM CF rear lip spolier for free.... or maybe the Sirius kit for free. Something def has to be done cause I am getting more mad by the day the more I think about this! I am beginning to think these cars are cursed.

On a positive note they are constucting a new track at the performace center that should be ready when we actually get to pick up our cars
__________________

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #79  
Old 10-15-2006, 10:39 PM
F360C F360C is offline
///Mtourage
Location: Sparta, NJ
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 486
Mein Auto: MPOWER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzax View Post
How do you know this? Has someone other than the PC staff contacted you?

My experience is that BMW is letting the Logistics Coordinators at the Performance Center (Ginger and Dannielle) bear the brunt of this and is telling them to blame the EPA for everything.

On a semi-positive note, I have been told that our completed cars are under some sort of "covered parking".

As far as "making it right" my choices have been presented as follows. Either:
  1. Take PC Delivery at some point 6-8 weeks out.
  2. Have car shipped at some point 6-8 weeks out, and attend a pseudo-PC Delivery (with a "delivery" walkthrough of one of their fleet cars, lol, then fly home on my own dime) at some time after the first of the year
  3. Don't buy the car and get my deposit back


For those of you who have been contacted, who has contacted you and what has their specific response been? Have you gotten a better "offer" for reparations that what I listed above?
Zuzax.... if you don't mind me asking when was your orginally supposed to pick up your car? I was told 4-6 weeks before I would be able to get my car. If it turns out that I actually have to wait till early december to get my car I am going to go off the deep end. As of right now I have been waiting for 6 months for this car and this is getting to the point where I am thinking that I should have just gone for the Cayman.
__________________

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 10-15-2006, 10:49 PM
cosmos's Avatar
cosmos cosmos is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: So Cal
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,014
Mein Auto: I keeps what I find
This "Not knowing" is what prompted me to buy a 2006. It was not the wait, it was not knowing how long the wait was going to be.
__________________
"Ah, I love the smell of fresh cosmoline in the morning"
"Motion does Not equal progress"... Cos.
"It's NOT A.D.D., they just do not make anything for my car yet"
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 10-15-2006, 11:30 PM
Zuzax's Avatar
Zuzax Zuzax is offline
Calvinball Professional
Location: In the Transmogrifier
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,104
Mein Auto: '07 M Roadster
Quote:
Originally Posted by F360C View Post
Zuzax.... if you don't mind me asking when was your orginally supposed to pick up your car? I was told 4-6 weeks before I would be able to get my car. If it turns out that I actually have to wait till early december to get my car I am going to go off the deep end. As of right now I have been waiting for 6 months for this car and this is getting to the point where I am thinking that I should have just gone for the Cayman.
I ordered my car on August 30, for Performance Center Delivery on October 24. I have the confirmation letter for the 24th.

Since the delay news broke, the only info I have so far from BMW is "some time after Thanksgiving", which is a poor answer. BMWNA is making the Customer Advisors and the Performance Center people take all the heat here, which doesn't show much integrity, IMHO.

I'm going to start working the phones and email tomorrow and try to get an answer and see what the real story is. This EPA excuse just doesn't pass the smell test.

BTW, I noticed on the EPA's web site that there is no 2007 application for certification on file for the 2007 M roadster. The application for the 2006 M Roadster certification yields a lot of contact information within BMWNA, however, so I'll start there.
__________________

2007 Z4 M Roadster Sepang/Sepang-X/Black, Premium, Nav, BMW Strut Bar, Stubby Antenna, Dice, UUC clutch stop, Star Specs, and the rest joyfully stock.

Last edited by Zuzax; 10-15-2006 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Edited to answer the original question.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 10-16-2006, 01:05 AM
The Hero The Hero is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 300
Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by F360C View Post
I think we should all get the OEM CF rear lip spolier for free.... or maybe the Sirius kit for free. Something def has to be done cause I am getting more mad by the day the more I think about this! I am beginning to think these cars are cursed.
What OEM CF rear lip spoiler? They have these for M Coupes?
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 10-16-2006, 07:26 AM
F360C F360C is offline
///Mtourage
Location: Sparta, NJ
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 486
Mein Auto: MPOWER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzax View Post
I ordered my car on August 30, for Performance Center Delivery on October 24. I have the confirmation letter for the 24th.

Since the delay news broke, the only info I have so far from BMW is "some time after Thanksgiving", which is a poor answer. BMWNA is making the Customer Advisors and the Performance Center people take all the heat here, which doesn't show much integrity, IMHO.

I'm going to start working the phones and email tomorrow and try to get an answer and see what the real story is. This EPA excuse just doesn't pass the smell test.

BTW, I noticed on the EPA's web site that there is no 2007 application for certification on file for the 2007 M roadster. The application for the 2006 M Roadster certification yields a lot of contact information within BMWNA, however, so I'll start there.
I agree with you that the BMWNA is not showing much integrity in this situation. This is not the performance centers fault! This was thrown on them at the last moment and now they have to deal with the huge situation that this has become.

OK and now for some weird information I got from my dealer this morning. My brother went in to get his 1200mile service done this morning and my (yeah we did the 1200 miles in 2 1/2 days!) salesman said that his info says that my car is due to ship to the performance center on the 11th of November. Now does this mean they plan on delivering it then or are they just driving it across the street from the factory to the performance center for storage?

"The Hero".... here is the link to the OEM lip spoiler http://www.z4coupeaddicts.com/viewto...bee3bc9bd08dd4
__________________

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 10-16-2006, 07:37 AM
beauport's Avatar
beauport beauport is offline
Color blind photographer
Location: Northern Virginia
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,730
Mein Auto: 2010 X3 MT Space Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by F360C View Post
.....

OK and now for some weird information I got from my dealer this morning. My brother went in to get his 1200mile service done this morning and my (yeah we did the 1200 miles in 2 1/2 days!) salesman said that his info says that my car is due to ship to the performance center on the 11th of November. Now does this mean they plan on delivering it then or are they just driving it across the street from the factory to the performance center for storage?

"The Hero".... here is the link to the OEM lip spoiler http://www.z4coupeaddicts.com/viewto...bee3bc9bd08dd4
Odd thing with my car as well. Last Monday the status on Owner's Circle (notoriously slow and inaccurate) said "Estimated Delivery Oct 11, 2006", which was pretty good since the Performance Delivery was scheduled for the 19th. The next day the status changes to Nov 16, 2006. Guessing that BMW knows it has egg on its face they are saying the new delivery is 4-6 weeks out and plan to delivey beforehand. Early=good, Late-bad.

Zuzax, I have heard directly from BMWNA in addition to Danielle at the Center and my dealer. BMWNA has been extremely sympathetic to the situation and is doing whatever they can to make things right.
__________________
2010 X3 MT Space Gray, Saddle Brown - 2nd Euro Delivery
2007 M Coupe, Silver Gray, Sepang Brown Dark (ret) - Performance Center Delivery
2002 330 Ci, MT, Steel Gray, Natural Brown (ret) - 1st Euro Delivery
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 10-16-2006, 07:40 AM
///M-PA ///M-PA is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 78
Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by F360C View Post
Well guys my brother and I returned from the performace center on Saturday! The whole experience was a blast..... I don't know what was better, hot lapping the m coupe or the insane thrill ride Mr. Donnie Isley took my brother and I in an E60 M5!

Ok and now onto the important stuff about the 07's and the EPA BS..... we'll I am sorry to say but I was not able to get a look at any of our cars. The lot that they keep the cars in is right across the street from the performace center but I was told that we are not allowed over there! ARRRRR.... I was in a stones throw of my new coupe but could not take her home. I think they made me more mad than anything! I sort of in a way feel bad for the people at the performance center because this was all jsut dropped on them by the factory at the last minute! Who ever is running the factory really dropped the ball by waiting so long to inform the performace center of this delay. The real piss off is that no one there could give me a date as to when I can pick up my car! We jsut have to wait day to day and lets this BS process works it self out which is going to make it a nightmare for me to be able to be able to get back down from school in canada on such short notice to pick up my car!

I think we should all get the OEM CF rear lip spolier for free.... or maybe the Sirius kit for free. Something def has to be done cause I am getting more mad by the day the more I think about this! I am beginning to think these cars are cursed.

On a positive note they are constucting a new track at the performace center that should be ready when we actually get to pick up our cars

Thanks so much for the update F360C and I'm very happy that you and your brother had such a great time at the PC.

The extended wait is really killing me, espcially with the unknown time factor. You had mentioned they were keeping the cars in a lot across the street. Any idea if they are covered or exposed to the elements? I plan to hit up Danielle at the PC, if you don't know, as well because this will be a major irritant for me if it's not covered, or it least somehow protected. I didn't buy a brand new car from the factory just to let it sit on a lot for months!! It least I did get an X3 loaner from my dealership, as my Z3 has a new home.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 10-16-2006, 08:27 AM
Zuzax's Avatar
Zuzax Zuzax is offline
Calvinball Professional
Location: In the Transmogrifier
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,104
Mein Auto: '07 M Roadster
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauport View Post
...Zuzax, I have heard directly from BMWNA in addition to Danielle at the Center and my dealer. BMWNA has been extremely sympathetic to the situation and is doing whatever they can to make things right.
I haven't heard anything from anyone at BMWNA who can take any action, or give a coherent explanation as to how they will make things right.

Can you share with us exactly how they are making things right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M-PA View Post
Any idea if they are covered or exposed to the elements? I plan to hit up Danielle at the PC, if you don't know, as well because this will be a major irritant for me if it's not covered, or it least somehow protected. I didn't buy a brand new car from the factory just to let it sit on a lot for months!!
Ginger (who I think is Danielle's boss at the PC) told me that the cars are under "covered parking" which doesn't sound like they are in a building, but rather under some sort of awning or some such. Doesn't sound promising.
__________________

2007 Z4 M Roadster Sepang/Sepang-X/Black, Premium, Nav, BMW Strut Bar, Stubby Antenna, Dice, UUC clutch stop, Star Specs, and the rest joyfully stock.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 10-16-2006, 09:34 AM
Jason Marshall Jason Marshall is offline
Registered User
Location: Dallas
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 54
Mein Auto: BMW
My observation is that the dealerships don't know squat about this situation. I had to inform my dealer of the issue--not him me. When I asked what they were going to do to remedy the situation the dealer's response was basically "not our problem."

As a customer, this is a BMW problem, not an EPA issue. It was BMW, not the EPA, who sent me a letter confirming the PC delivery date of my car. BMW has been selling cars in NA and getting required EPA approval for almost as long--why did they make a promise to deliver a car when it was not legally ready for delivery?

What do I want? My car delivered on November 3d as promised.
Absent that, I want BMW to quit treating us like were idiots, and start treating us more like the kind of dyed-in-wool customers who will pay list price for a car that they have NEVER SEEN OR DRIVEN!!!

BMW has a chance to turn this situation into an example of legendary customer service, or they can let it go down the current path and it will turn into a legend of a different kind (not to mention a lot of unsold cars).

Finally, Zuzax, thank you for your efforts. As I previously mentioned, I believe that the best result is for BMW to offer a universal solution to make amends for our delay, and your efforts are appreciated.

Jason Marshall
former 99 M Coupe owner
07 M Coupe Silver/Gray;Imola;Carbon leather.....waiting in SC.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 10-16-2006, 09:53 AM
Zuzax's Avatar
Zuzax Zuzax is offline
Calvinball Professional
Location: In the Transmogrifier
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,104
Mein Auto: '07 M Roadster
I urge everyone affected by this delay to call BMWNA Customer Relations to log a complaint in their system so it is tracked. The number is 1-800-831-1117, and you can just follow the voice prompts.

You will need your Production Number or VIN.
__________________

2007 Z4 M Roadster Sepang/Sepang-X/Black, Premium, Nav, BMW Strut Bar, Stubby Antenna, Dice, UUC clutch stop, Star Specs, and the rest joyfully stock.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 10-16-2006, 10:01 AM
beauport's Avatar
beauport beauport is offline
Color blind photographer
Location: Northern Virginia
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,730
Mein Auto: 2010 X3 MT Space Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzax View Post
I urge everyone affected by this delay to call BMWNA Customer Relations to log a complaint in their system so it is tracked. The number is 1-800-831-1117, and you can just follow the voice prompts.

You will need your Production Number or VIN.
I also suggest having your local dealer contact BMWNA on your behalf ensuring they are aware of the Performance Center Delivery date that was scheduled but will not be met.
__________________
2010 X3 MT Space Gray, Saddle Brown - 2nd Euro Delivery
2007 M Coupe, Silver Gray, Sepang Brown Dark (ret) - Performance Center Delivery
2002 330 Ci, MT, Steel Gray, Natural Brown (ret) - 1st Euro Delivery
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 10-16-2006, 08:16 PM
I Love BMW's's Avatar
I Love BMW's I Love BMW's is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Southlake, TX
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 267
Mein Auto: 2019 M2C
I finally heard from my PC coordinator today after I left a voicemail last Friday. She left me a voicemail telling me what I already knew - that my "confirmed delivery date" of October 18th isn't going to happen due to "CARB/EPA delays".

I was in an all day meeting, so I haven't had a chance to call her back yet, but I was very disappointed that there wasn't a "so here is what we are going to do to make the situation right for you".
__________________
2015 M4
2015 535i
2014 X1
2012 135i
2011 1M
2007 Z4 M

2012 535i (retired)
2011 535i (retired)
2009 135i (retired)
2008 535i (retired)
2008 335i (retired)
2008 M3 Vert (retired)
2006 750Li (retired)
2006 X3 (retired)
2006 650i Vert (retired)
2005 645i (retired)
2004 745Li (retired)
2004 M3 Vert (retired)
2000 323 cic (retired)
1996 318 ti (retired)
1994 318 cic (retired)
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 10-16-2006, 09:40 PM
///M-PA ///M-PA is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 78
Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love BMW's View Post
I finally heard from my PC coordinator today after I left a voicemail last Friday. She left me a voicemail telling me what I already knew - that my "confirmed delivery date" of October 18th isn't going to happen due to "CARB/EPA delays".

I was in an all day meeting, so I haven't had a chance to call her back yet, but I was very disappointed that there wasn't a "so here is what we are going to do to make the situation right for you".
I certainly continue to hear and feel your pain. I did exchange emails with Danielle, from the PC, today trying to get some understanding of the physical state of our cars. She 'believed' they were in a covered environment but was unable to say for certain.

I also called BMWNA and lodged my formal complaint with this whole situation. Nothing really accomplished beyond my venting to ears which empathize, but nothing more than that. I certainly hope BMWNA steps up and says or does something very positive this week.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 10-17-2006, 09:43 AM
jh jh is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 125
Mein Auto: 13 335is, 74 2002, 04 330
EPA issue or not, the 07 Z4 M Roadster and Coupe are included in the just released EPA fuel economy list - 16 City, 24 Highway. So some sort of paperwork got through.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/FEG2000.htm
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 10-17-2006, 10:17 AM
beauport's Avatar
beauport beauport is offline
Color blind photographer
Location: Northern Virginia
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,730
Mein Auto: 2010 X3 MT Space Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by jh View Post
EPA issue or not, the 07 Z4 M Roadster and Coupe are included in the just released EPA fuel economy list - 16 City, 24 Highway. So some sort of paperwork got through.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/FEG2000.htm
Let's hope this is the certification or whatever that was needed. Nothing new in this document we didn't already know other than the Feds have to put their chop on the 2007 models.
__________________
2010 X3 MT Space Gray, Saddle Brown - 2nd Euro Delivery
2007 M Coupe, Silver Gray, Sepang Brown Dark (ret) - Performance Center Delivery
2002 330 Ci, MT, Steel Gray, Natural Brown (ret) - 1st Euro Delivery
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 10-17-2006, 09:39 PM
adrian's bmw's Avatar
adrian's bmw adrian's bmw is offline
'Fest Sponsor
Location: BMW of Gwinnett Place
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,249
Mein Auto: 2015 BMW 328d Sport Wagon
I sent an email to our market manager today and he's coming by to our dealership tomorrow. I'm hoping on getting some answers for ///M-PA and I Love BMW's since they're in the Atlanta area. We'll see what happens.
__________________
BMW of Gwinnett Place
3624 Commerce Ave
Duluth, GA 30096
6 Center of Excellence Awards
#1 Certified Pre-Owned Center in the U.S.
www.gwinnettbmw.com
New Car Special Offers Link
Pre-Owned Specials Link

770-329-9793
[email protected]

Top Performing Client Advisor, Performance Center & European Delivery Specialist
New & Pre-Owned Sales
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 10-17-2006, 10:11 PM
///M-PA ///M-PA is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 78
Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian's bmw View Post
I sent an email to our market manager today and he's coming by to our dealership tomorrow. I'm hoping on getting some answers for ///M-PA and I Love BMW's since they're in the Atlanta area. We'll see what happens.
Thanks so much Adrian for staying on top of this huge BMW blunder. I really hope you hear somewhat positive as the thought of waiting until almost Christmas for our cars is really disheatening. Cheers to you Adrian....
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 10-17-2006, 10:18 PM
Zuzax's Avatar
Zuzax Zuzax is offline
Calvinball Professional
Location: In the Transmogrifier
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,104
Mein Auto: '07 M Roadster
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian's bmw View Post
I sent an email to our market manager today and he's coming by to our dealership tomorrow. I'm hoping on getting some answers for ///M-PA and I Love BMW's since they're in the Atlanta area. We'll see what happens.
Let me first say thank you for raising this issue within your organization.

Can you ask whether BMWNA plans to provide some sort of reparations to the affected customers, or whether they continue to perceive this as a Dealer issue?

A number of us who are affected by the delay are communicating actively outside of these messageboards, and the consensus is that shirts and hats are not going to get a very positive response.
__________________

2007 Z4 M Roadster Sepang/Sepang-X/Black, Premium, Nav, BMW Strut Bar, Stubby Antenna, Dice, UUC clutch stop, Star Specs, and the rest joyfully stock.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 10-17-2006, 11:47 PM
Palantirion's Avatar
Palantirion Palantirion is offline
Z4 Mvangelist
Location: Southern CA
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,251
Mein Auto: 2003 M5-S2, 2002 540iT-S2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzax View Post
Let me first say thank you for raising this issue within your organization.

Can you ask whether BMWNA plans to provide some sort of reparations to the affected customers, or whether they continue to perceive this as a Dealer issue?

A number of us who are affected by the delay are communicating actively outside of these messageboards, and the consensus is that shirts and hats are not going to get a very positive response.
-I can buy shirts and hats. I can't buy time.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 10-18-2006, 07:17 AM
F360C F360C is offline
///Mtourage
Location: Sparta, NJ
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 486
Mein Auto: MPOWER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palantirion View Post
-I can buy shirts and hats. I can't buy time.
I already own pretty much all the shirts and hats they make so they are going to have to give me something I already don't own..... like the Sirius Kit or that OEM CF lip spoiler! I am hoping for an M School but I am pretty sure thats not going to happen. Really though I would be perfectly happy if they jsut called and told me I could still pick up my car on the 23rd of October. That would be better than any gift they could give!

I don't understand why its take 6 weeks to print off a peice of paper? You would think the EPA or BMW or whoever would really rush the process knowing that they have pissed customers waiting.
__________________

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 10-18-2006, 08:04 AM
beauport's Avatar
beauport beauport is offline
Color blind photographer
Location: Northern Virginia
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,730
Mein Auto: 2010 X3 MT Space Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by F360C View Post
I don't understand why its take 6 weeks to print off a peice of paper? You would think the EPA or BMW or whoever would really rush the process knowing that they have pissed customers waiting.
PM sent
__________________
2010 X3 MT Space Gray, Saddle Brown - 2nd Euro Delivery
2007 M Coupe, Silver Gray, Sepang Brown Dark (ret) - Performance Center Delivery
2002 330 Ci, MT, Steel Gray, Natural Brown (ret) - 1st Euro Delivery
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 10-18-2006, 06:30 PM
I Love BMW's's Avatar
I Love BMW's I Love BMW's is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Southlake, TX
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 267
Mein Auto: 2019 M2C
Quote:
Originally Posted by beauport View Post
Odd thing with my car as well. Last Monday the status on Owner's Circle (notoriously slow and inaccurate) said "Estimated Delivery Oct 11, 2006", which was pretty good since the Performance Delivery was scheduled for the 19th. The next day the status changes to Nov 16, 2006. Guessing that BMW knows it has egg on its face they are saying the new delivery is 4-6 weeks out and plan to delivey beforehand. Early=good, Late-bad.

Zuzax, I have heard directly from BMWNA in addition to Danielle at the Center and my dealer. BMWNA has been extremely sympathetic to the situation and is doing whatever they can to make things right.
Today was supposed to be the day I picked my car up at the Performance Center and enjoying my new M Coupe. Owner's Circle still shows my car as "Scheduled for production". No word from Adrian about his meeting today with the Market Manager. Not a happy day.
__________________
2015 M4
2015 535i
2014 X1
2012 135i
2011 1M
2007 Z4 M

2012 535i (retired)
2011 535i (retired)
2009 135i (retired)
2008 535i (retired)
2008 335i (retired)
2008 M3 Vert (retired)
2006 750Li (retired)
2006 X3 (retired)
2006 650i Vert (retired)
2005 645i (retired)
2004 745Li (retired)
2004 M3 Vert (retired)
2000 323 cic (retired)
1996 318 ti (retired)
1994 318 cic (retired)
Reply With Quote
Reply

See More Related BMW Stories


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Long Awaited 07 Sport Package, What A Bummer!!! z51vette X3 E83 (2004 - 2010) 26 09-22-2006 07:14 PM
newbie need advise: 07 335i or 07 530i 120yz Ask-A-BMW-Dealer 9 08-18-2006 10:55 PM
E36 v 07 328i ddtan E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013) 7 06-12-2006 08:59 AM
91 850i Heater Core Removal Instructions Wanted nicko 7 Series & 8 Series 1 10-18-2004 11:56 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
© 2001- VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.