BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

"Mouse Blocker"

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  dc_wright 
#1 ·
Has anyone installed one of these in a Z4?

#4 ·
If you are storing your Z and that is why you are looking at this Mouse Blocker system, I can offer a much cheaper and easier way to deter rodents. I stored a 1971 Triumph TR6 over 3 seasons and more recently have stored my wife's Lexus IS350 over 2 winters. I use Bounce scented dryer sheets. I put them in the engine compartment, in the interior, trunk and a few around under the car. I have never had an issue with mice getting at the cars. Someone at work recommended this method and it has worked for me over the years. Apparently they do not like the smell. The sheets also leave a nice smell in the car in the spring unlike moth balls that smell like crap. I also stuff steel wool in the exhaust pipes as an added precaution to eliminate an entry point.

#6 ·
I was going to use this for spring summer and fall. The car sits covered for a week or 2 during these months due to schedule and weather. I had to clean out the beginning of nest building the other day.
During winter storage (garaged) I do use bounce sheets.
I found mouseblocker and its designed to stay in the engine compartment and be hard wired.

#8 ·
My aunt used to grind up the moth balls and sprinkle them around the perimeter of her flower gardens to keep the neighbors cats from using them as a litter box......seemed to work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.