HU_ENTRYNAV - retrofit help required. - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series & 2 Series > F20 / F21 1 Series (2012 - Current)

F20 / F21 1 Series (2012 - Current)
The second generation of the BMW 1 Series range of hatchback cars. Not available in the USA the F20/F21 was released in 2011 as the successor to the E81/E87. The body styles of the F20/F21 range are a 3-door hatchback (F21) and 5-door hatchback (F20).

The coupe and convertible models were spun off to create the BMW 2 Series.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:46 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 118d
HU_ENTRYNAV - retrofit help required.

Hello people of bimmerfest.

First post after lurking around. Need your help with figuring out why navigation is grayed out but to give a bit more detail.

Backstory, I got my 12 reg plate 118d last month and since then I've been doing it up.
One of the things that hit my list was a HU_ENTRY replacement with a HU_ENTRYNAV, especially because I wanted EBT and was missing the combox.

using the Coding VM.

I went on a hunt and gathered the following.

HU - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-BMW-...53.m2749.l2649

Controller - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-F20-F...53.m2749.l2649

Emulator - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-NBT-F...53.m2749.l2649

I've found pages and pages of information but as expected, where some had loads of details, others lack clarity and I was a bit stuck.

I wasn't seeing any CAFD file under the HU_ENTRYNAV - Now, some users have not seen this issue but for anyone that comes across the same issue.
In Expert Mode - Coding clicking on the HU_ENTRYNAV should activate a button on the right side "detect caf for swe"
Now, I did not have the button and it really threw me off. The fix for this was to change the E-SYS version inside the VM from 3.28 to 3.30. Probably even downgrading to 3.27 would have worked. After doing this i was able to carry out the remaining steps of the retrofit.

This brings me to my current issue. Although everything else works, navigation is grayed out in the menu and I have yet to find out why.
My thoughts lean towards the emulator not doing it's thing but I've found some ppl suggesting something about fsc codes.

Now, if someone can point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Kind regards,
Flo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2018, 05:38 PM

Mein Auto:
Hi.
Your problem is, that you do not have a FSC code für navigation. So this is why it's greyed out. I think there are some guys that can deliver this code. It's a .fsc file.

Regards

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series & 2 Series > F20 / F21 1 Series (2012 - Current)
Today's Posts Search