Active Autowerke N55 Catted Downpipe EPA APPROVED , No CEL - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Site Sponsors & Bimmerfest Group Buys

Site Sponsors & Bimmerfest Group Buys
Looking to get some great BMW parts for your car? Get the latest info on sponsor group buys, new products or simply ask a site sponsor a question here!

Old 11-21-2019, 01:28 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: FBO 07 e92 335i
Active Autowerke N55 Catted Downpipe EPA APPROVED , No CEL

ACTIVE AUTOWERKE BMW N55 DOWNPIPE
BMW introduced a new valvetronic, single turbo version of its direct-injection engine for the F-Chassis models beginning in 2012. The Active Autowerke N55 downpipe for the M235i, 335i, 435i and M2 helps unleash some of the potential that is restricted by the OEM downpipe.

Turbochargers are powered by spent exhaust gases created during the combustion process. The quicker these gases are evacuated, the better. Unfortunately, the factory down pipe in the N55 is quite restrictive, which results in slower exhaust gases and slower turbo spool.

The Active Autowerke F-Chassis N55 Signature down pipe utilizes 3.5” diameter stainless steel piping in order to provide more power, quicker spool, and extreme durability.

This variant includes a 49-state legal EPA approved 4.5" high flow GESI catalytic converter that will NOT produce a CEL! EPA N/GBL/4389/1119

FEATURES:
  • NO CEL when using this downpipe
  • Designed to be as unrestrictive as possible
  • GESI EPA approved 49-state legal high flow and fully OBD2 compliant
  • High flow 4.50" GESI cat with 3.50" piping allows for maximum power output
  • Quicker turbo spool
  • Rated for 500 to 850 hp applications
  • Withstands up to 1500° F
  • Can reach operational efficiency within 9 seconds of startup
  • Easily bolts-on – no cutting or welding required
  • Durable construction from TIG welded 304 stainless steel
  • Precise fitment
  • Modular design for later upgrades
  • Made in Miami, Florida
  • ACTIVE AUTOWERKE N55 SIGNATURE DOWNPIPE BENEFITS

The speed of a turbo’s impeller wheel is limited by exhaust back pressure. A larger down pipe relieves some of this pressure, resulting in quicker and more efficient spool. With Active Autowerke’s Signature downpipe, your N55 can rev quicker, and deliver more horsepower and torque.

Minimizing back pressure while remaining daily drive-ability was the goal of our N55 downpipe. Owners can now upgrade to a product that is affordable, reliable, and easy to install.

After months of research and development, our engineers settled on a 3.5” diameter pipe which utilizes the least number of bends possible. However, the Signature N55 down pipe still fits easily into the OEM location, with a painless installation process.

Constructed entirely from 304 stainless steel with 1.5MM wall thickness, we are confident that you’ll be pleased with how robust and durable this down pipe is. Trouble-free installation and a long lifespan ensure that you’ll enjoy many miles of performance with your N55!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2019, 01:29 PM
'Fest Sponsor

BMW introduced a new valvetronic, single turbo version of its direct-injection engine for the F-Chassis models beginning in 2012. The Active Autowerke N55 downpipe for the M235i, 335i, 435i and M2 helps unleash some of the potential that is restricted by the OEM downpipe.

Turbochargers are powered by spent exhaust gases created during the combustion process. The quicker these gases are evacuated, the better. Unfortunately, the factory down pipe in the N55 is quite restrictive, which results in slower exhaust gases and slower turbo spool.

The Active Autowerke F-Chassis N55 Signature down pipe utilizes 3.5” diameter stainless steel piping in order to provide more power, quicker spool, and extreme durability.

This variant includes a 49-state legal EPA approved 4.5" high flow GESI catalytic converter that will NOT produce a CEL! EPA N/GBL/4389/1119

FEATURES:
  • Quicker turbo spool
  • Precise fitment
  • Made in Miami, Florida

The speed of a turbo’s impeller wheel is limited by exhaust back pressure. A larger down pipe relieves some of this pressure, resulting in quicker and more efficient spool. With Active Autowerke’s Signature downpipe, your N55 can rev quicker, and deliver more horsepower and torque.

Minimizing back pressure while remaining daily drive-ability was the goal of our N55 downpipe. Owners can now upgrade to a product that is affordable, reliable, and easy to install.

After months of research and development, our engineers settled on a 3.5” diameter pipe which utilizes the least number of bends possible. However, the Signature N55 down pipe still fits easily into the OEM location, with a painless installation process.

Constructed entirely from 304 stainless steel with 1.5MM wall thickness, we are confident that you’ll be pleased with how robust and durable this down pipe is. Trouble-free installation and a long lifespan ensure that you’ll enjoy many miles of performance with your N55!
Old 11-21-2019, 01:29 PM
'Fest Sponsor

FEATURES:
  • Quicker turbo spool
  • Precise fitment
  • Made in Miami, Florida

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2019, 08:43 AM
'Fest Sponsor

M Performance Style Spoiler Pictures From AForceNinja

Hey guys,
I would like to share with you the pictures we have received from AForceNinja after he installed the XPH carbon fiber spoiler M-Performance style.

He installed it on his M3, this spoiler also fits the F30 3 series BMW

Hope you like it :thumbsup:

Old 12-30-2019, 02:35 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hey guys,

I would like to share with you the pictures we have received from AForceNinja after he installed the XPH carbon fiber spoiler M-Performance style.

He installed it on his M3, this spoiler also fits the F30 3 series BMW

Hope you like it :thumbsup:

The same, but another store ...
The feeling is amazing. and it looks very pretty

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Old 01-08-2020, 08:35 AM
'Fest Sponsor

CS Style Carbon Fiber Trunk Spoiler Review By mgM3

Hi,
This product was installed on an M3 but it will fit the F30 chassis as well.

So lets start from the beginning.

DELIVERY: Mike shot me a note letting me know i was the winner of the CS Style and we set about getting the delivery sorted. Delivery was a bit hit and miss. The package ended up being shipped to NJ, before being returned, then sent back to NJ, before being re-routed to me in Huntington Beach, CA. The box showed up with the wrong name on, but the right address. Just a simple shipping error, and the spoiler arrived eventually, so no biggie!

PACKAGING: Packaging was solid. Very large box, popcorn inside, bubble wrap on the actual piece. There was enough padding in the box that even with Fedex and UPS's unique take on gentle handling, the spoiler integrity remained. I believe you could have dropped the box off a second story balcony and wouldn't have done any harm.

INSTALL: Before diving into 'install', lets talk uninstall of the OEM spoiler. F.M.L. What a nightmare. Bought 65lb fishing wire in an attempt to try and get spoiler and tape up off the trunk lid. All we did with the wire was cut through the middle of the spongy tape leaving 50% on the spoiler and 50% on the car. 1 hr later, a heat gun, 1 bottle of rubbing alcohol, a lot of shop towels, some goo-gone, and 3 blisters on my finger and thumb tips, we had a clean prepped surface to attach to. I'm sure some learned gent here will enlighten us on a better way to do this, as the removal of the OEM piece is by far the worst part of all of this.

THE KIT: The spoiler comes with enough double sided tape to do three runs down the length of the spoiler. The snobs out there can get your own tape, if needed, but i'm a few weeks in now, and a couple of runs in Mexico and the spoiler is still solid. We even had rain and it hasn't moved.

The spoiler itself required a little shaping where there was some rough and raised edges. A simple razor blade took care of this easily. There were also a couple of rough patches where it might have been taken out the mold or was scuffed before it was packed. The rubbing alcohol cleared some of these up. I'd say, if you are anal to the nth degree about these things, this isn't for you. But you already knew that, as you got the BMW M OEM one anyway. For average Joe looking for a CS style spoiler, you should be very happy. Only a concourse nerd will look for and see these issues.

After one practice run, we applied the three strips of tape to the bottom of the spoiler, took our shot, and landed the spoiler on the trunk lid. We held it down for about 3-5 mins. It was a pretty warm day and that was all it took.

VISUAL IMPRESSIONS: I've always loved the CS and the CS spoiler especially. A chance to snap one up i couldn't resist. I honestly wasn't expecting too much with regards to the quality of the piece but can whole heatedly say i was very pleased. The weave actually looks great IMO. The style is spot on for CS style. Overall, a great piece of kit. It will be staying on my car indefinitely.

FINAL NOTES: i will update the link with more pics as i get them. If you want any kind of pics specifically, i can take them on my phone, other wise our grandkids will be putting their kids into college before i get the professional ones back. Any questions, feel free to ask, and i'll do my best to answer.

Once again a big shout out to Mike for his patience with me. I highly recommend you shoot him a note and get yourself one of these!

Credit also to Brandon and his team @ SMS Euro for help with the install.

Old 01-10-2020, 06:33 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 328ix sdn; M240ix cpe
Is that the optimal installation for a coffee table? rofl:
Old 01-15-2020, 05:51 PM

Mein Auto: M240i / Z3
Got a model that fits M240i?
Old 01-16-2020, 01:53 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBimmer View Post
Got a model that fits M240i?
https://x-ph.com/active-autowerke-aa-bmw-b58-downpipe/
Old 01-19-2020, 09:32 AM
'Fest Sponsor

Old 01-19-2020, 09:33 AM
'Fest Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtjm View Post
Is that the optimal installation for a coffee table? rofl:
Old 01-19-2020, 09:33 AM
'Fest Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naskito View Post
The same, but another store ...
The feeling is amazing. and it looks very pretty

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Old 01-19-2020, 09:34 AM
'Fest Sponsor

Old 01-19-2020, 09:35 AM
'Fest Sponsor

Old 02-17-2020, 01:22 PM
'Fest Sponsor

bump
Old 03-19-2020, 08:29 PM
'Fest Sponsor

:bump:
Old 04-17-2020, 08:27 PM
'Fest Sponsor

bump
Old 04-19-2020, 06:03 PM

Mein Auto: 135I
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Will this fit a 15 X1 35i?
Old 05-25-2020, 04:33 PM
'Fest Sponsor

bump
Old 07-04-2020, 07:57 AM
'Fest Sponsor

bump

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Site Sponsors & Bimmerfest Group Buys
Today's Posts Search