F20 116i, steering issues - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series & 2 Series > F20 / F21 1 Series (2012 - Current)

F20 / F21 1 Series (2012 - Current)
The second generation of the BMW 1 Series range of hatchback cars. Not available in the USA the F20/F21 was released in 2011 as the successor to the E81/E87. The body styles of the F20/F21 range are a 3-door hatchback (F21) and 5-door hatchback (F20).

The coupe and convertible models were spun off to create the BMW 2 Series.

Old 09-19-2018, 07:47 AM

Mein Auto:
F20 116i, steering issues

Hi everyone!

I was searching across internet a solution for a problem that I have with my wife's car.
Story goes like that: a few months back, the steering behavior between comfort and sport mode disappeared (direction is as hard in comfort mode as it is on sport). Initially, it started doing that randomly, then it became permanent.
I checked for errors using ISTA+, and no errors were present. I thought the steering rack is the problem, so I replaced it with a used (but functional) one, codded on the car, but the problem is still there - no difference between comfort/sport modes.
I saw a lot of problems with the EPS, but couldn't find anything related to my issue.
Any advise or direction into sorting out this problem will be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
eps, steering modes, steering stiffness

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series & 2 Series > F20 / F21 1 Series (2012 - Current)
Today's Posts Search