Warning to iPhone XS Max current and prospective owners - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X2 F39 (2017 - current)

X2 F39 (2017 - current)
Discuss the X2 with other BMW owners here.

Old 10-31-2018, 11:19 PM

Mein Auto: Nothing Yet
Warning to iPhone XS Max current and prospective owners

If you are considering adding wireless charging to your X2 order, donít bother if you own an iPhone 8 Plus or iPhone XS Max. Neither fit in the cradle and youíll be wasting $500. Youíd be much better off putting a desktop USB Qi charger in the tray below the armrest (like Iím going to have to now).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2018, 06:14 AM

Mein Auto: 2018 F60 MINI Countryman
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfew View Post
If you are considering adding wireless charging to your X2 order, donít bother if you own an iPhone 8 Plus or iPhone XS Max. Neither fit in the cradle and youíll be wasting $500. Youíd be much better off putting a desktop USB Qi charger in the tray below the armrest (like Iím going to have to now).
Even if they did fit, the charging rate is so minuscule that it's more of a trickle-charger. Unless your trip is hours long, it's worthless.
Old 11-04-2018, 08:15 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2002 BMW M3 6MT Coupe
There definitely are limitations with the wireless charging. However, at least in Canada, you unfortunately have to order it if you want carplay. Also, AFAIK, the wireless charging option also includes an LTE signal booster.

I have an iphone 7 with a mophie juicepack air. It fits, but barely. Also, it does charge very slowly.

It's a disappointingly poorly configured option. BMW blew this, IMO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2018, 10:37 PM

Quote:
For those inclined to do minor surgery on their cradle, an enterprising M2 owner whose Galaxy Note 9 ran into the same problem came up with a clever solution detailed in this thread:

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1534787
Old 11-17-2018, 11:21 PM

Quote:
For those inclined to do minor surgery on their cradle, an enterprising M2 owner whose Galaxy Note 9 ran into the same problem came up with a clever solution detailed in this thread:

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1534787
It was not easy to remove the wireless charging cradle from the center armrest, but I did finally manage to pry it out and replace the clamp arm with the 3D-printed replacement from the BP thread. So far, so good!
Old 01-04-2019, 01:16 PM

Mein Auto: BMW x2
i have wireless charging in my 2018 M package x2 and it supports my iphoneX just fine.
Old 01-04-2019, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kec011 View Post
i have wireless charging in my 2018 M package x2 and it supports my iphoneX just fine.
Yes, iPhone X (and the smaller XS model) fits fine. The larger iPhone XS Max does not.

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
iphone 8 plus, iphone xs max, qi, wireless charging, x2

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X2 F39 (2017 - current)
Today's Posts Search