Elon Musk still shooting his mouth off (and other Tesla funnies) - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > General Automotive Forum

General Automotive Forum
All non-BMW car talk goes here...

Old 07-17-2019, 03:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2019 440i Coupe
Elon Musk still shooting his mouth off (and other Tesla funnies)

https://jalopnik.com/elon-musk-reall...ase-1836446085

Yep, all you lucky Tesla owners are going to be rolling in the dough when your MagicWonderCars™ are able to autonomously earn money while you're at work, sleeping, etc. Should do absolutely nothing to diminish the value of your vehicle having it be used as a taxi by passengers who can treat the car however they like knowing there's no driver inside.

2019 440i Coupe • ///M Sport Design • Mineral Grey Metallic • Black Dakota/Blue Stitched leather • Aluminum Dark Carbon/Pearl Gloss Chrome trim • Track Handling Package • Orbit Grey 398/Michelin PSS • Driving Assistance Package • Black Kidney Grilles • Stainless Steel Pedals • PCD 4/27/18
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2019, 03:29 PM

For all those Tesla owners planning to one day use their self-driving Model 3 to participate in Elon's glorious gig economy:

https://jalopnik.com/tesla-cut-corne...pro-1836410785

Better hope you didn't buy one slapped together during the big push to hit production goals, otherwise you might not have an appreciating asset.

2019 440i Coupe • ///M Sport Design • Mineral Grey Metallic • Black Dakota/Blue Stitched leather • Aluminum Dark Carbon/Pearl Gloss Chrome trim • Track Handling Package • Orbit Grey 398/Michelin PSS • Driving Assistance Package • Black Kidney Grilles • Stainless Steel Pedals • PCD 4/27/18
Old 07-25-2019, 01:40 PM
Novice driver

Mein Auto: 2014 320i ZSP ZMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesWWIII View Post
treat the car however they like knowing there's no driver inside.
That's how Tesla cars should be treated now! Use 'em for target practice!

Quote:
Better hope you didn't buy one slapped together during the big push to hit production goals, otherwise you might not have an appreciating asset.
Not to worry. Elon Musk will provide his Tesla acolytes with free SpaceX rockets so they can take their "slapped together" cars (and themselves) to Musk's colony on Mars. Talk about "appreciating asset"!

Last edited by gkr778; 07-25-2019 at 05:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2019, 02:53 PM

Little known fact, half the lithium that Tesla uses is actually for Elon's prescription.

Old 08-08-2019, 02:57 PM

Tesla making overblown claims (again) about their cars' safety ratings?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-safety-claims

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-official-says

What a shock.
Old 08-09-2019, 10:29 AM

Mein Auto: bmw 528i xdrive
Have any of you ever driven a Tesla? I think you would change your mind if you drove one it's an amazing piece of machinery.
Old 08-09-2019, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mull6 View Post
Have any of you ever driven a Tesla? I think you would change your mind if you drove one it's an amazing piece of machinery.
I've driven a Model S, and while it's definitely a cool car, I'd never buy a Tesla due to the fact that I'm not convinced the company will still be in business 10 years from now.
Old 08-16-2019, 12:42 PM

Tesla service troubles in Europe:

https://www.autonews.com/automakers-...ervice-germany

Quote:
“The Model 3 is a fantastic car. Some of our customers totally fell in love with it...But the organization behind it doesn’t match that. It’s really sobering.”
Old 08-20-2019, 03:15 PM

Nothing to do with Tesla's cars, but still worth a laugh...

https://gizmodo.com/walmart-sues-tes...rte-1837418936

Oh, Elon...
Old 08-27-2019, 12:39 PM
Novice driver

Quote:
I'm not convinced the company will still be in business 10 years from now.
Many in the investment community and in the automotive industry aren't convinced that Tesla is in business currently.

Old 08-27-2019, 09:45 PM

Mein Auto: bmw 528i xdrive
Quote:
I've driven a Model S, and while it's definitely a cool car, I'd never buy a Tesla due to the fact that I'm not convinced the company will still be in business 10 years from now.
Time will tell if Tesla stays around for years to come, I hope so because they have created an entirely different driving experience. I still loves my 535 but the wife’s model S is so much fun to drive and its like driving for free compared to her X3.

We have cut our fuel bill down from $450.00 a month to less than $200.00. She went from paying at least $250.00 a month for gas to less than $30.00 a month for electricity.
Old 09-03-2019, 02:01 PM

As though I needed more reason to never buy a Tesla...

https://www.theverge.com/2019/9/2/20...steering-wheel

Guess Elon believes that simply courting the liberal marketplace will be enough to keep his company in business. We will see how that plays out, but I don't spend my money with companies who allow fringe groups like PETA to steer corporate decision-making.
Old 09-04-2019, 03:00 AM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 2017 VW GTI Sport MT
There is no doubt that you don't fit Tesla's demographic. You show this with each of your posts.
Old 09-04-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Schott View Post
There is no doubt that you don't fit Tesla's demographic. You show this with each of your posts.
Thanks for that dynamite drop-in, Mike.
Old 09-04-2019, 05:19 PM
///Monkeyazz Duck

Mein Auto: 540i; 428 GC; 340i 6MT
But what's wrong with that? With a company courting a particular demographic group? BMW used to go that route, as did Volvo when Sven and Olaf still ran it. GMC historically didn't court the LGBTQ market, Cadillac historically didn't court the hipsters, and Subaru didn't court young urban professionals. I'm fine with brands that don't try to be all things to all people, and I'd be happy if BMW went back to its enthusiast roots.
2016 428 GC MSport

Prior BMW's
2015 X1 35i xDrive
2015 X1 28i xDrive
2014 535i MSport
2014 328i SportWagon
2011 535ix MSport
2011 X5 35D
2008 ///M3 Vert
2008 X5 3.0
2007 X5 3.0
2006 X5 3.0
2006 550iA SP
2003 540iA M-Technic
Old 09-05-2019, 12:05 AM

Mein Auto: bimmer
Tesla's targeted demographics are bull eyes of all premium brands, including BMW. A customer willing to stay with BMW is a lost customer to Tesla as far as targeted demographics is concerned.
Old 09-05-2019, 11:26 AM

Elon Musk: "Keys? Who needs keys?"

https://gizmodo.com/tesla-malfunctio...app-1837843876

Old 09-06-2019, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thanks for that dynamite drop-in, Mike.
Glad you appreciate it. I though you might pause for self reflection.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Glad you appreciate it. I though you might pause for self reflection.
You first.
Old 09-06-2019, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
You first.
I’m pretty open minded and neutral. You, well let’s say you’re neither.
Old 09-07-2019, 09:18 AM
Novice driver

Quote:
https://www.theverge.com/2019/9/2/20...steering-wheel

Guess Elon believes that simply courting the liberal marketplace will be enough to keep his company in business. We will see how that plays out, but I don't spend my money with companies who allow fringe groups like PETA to steer corporate decision-making.
That's just another Tesla PR stunt. The real reason Model 3 and other Tesla vehicles will forego the use leather for steering wheels and other interior components is that Elon hasn't yet figured out a way to raise cattle on Mars, where he and his cult members are heading.

Old 09-09-2019, 02:21 PM

Quote:
I’m pretty open minded and neutral.

I'm surprised you haven't thrown out your back on a weekly basis with all the water you've carried for Elon and his followers on this forum.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

I'm surprised you haven't thrown out your back on a weekly basis with all the water you've carried for Elon and his followers on this forum.
Show me one post where I've praised Musk.

You are confusing being open minded with being a fanboy.
Old 09-10-2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Show me one post where I've praised Musk.
To praise Elon's products is to praise the man himself, and you've done plenty of that, usually in response to a critical comment about Tesla. Your defensiveness on the subject speaks volumes.
Old 09-10-2019, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
To praise Elon's products is to praise the man himself, and you've done plenty of that, usually in response to a critical comment about Tesla. Your defensiveness on the subject speaks volumes.
Only in the sense that his vision and the execution resulting in the cars is praiseworthy. My issue with some posters, including you is you have no interest in opening your mind. Apparently you hate Musk which is fine and extrapolate this to hatred of the company and their cars. I give Musk himself no weight in evaluating the cars. I have no biases either way. I am open to EV’s and not beholden to ICE technology. It’s obvious that in September of 2019 that Tesla is far and away the leader in providing an EV that’s truly practical in most of the US.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > General Automotive Forum
Today's Posts Search