If I purchase the PC 7336 (Sander) from Lowes, what will I need to purchase... - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > The Detail Department

The Detail Department
Detailing tips, tricks to keep your bimmer in showroom condition.

Old 04-13-2003, 02:44 PM
On my 4th Bimmer...

Mein Auto: '10 X5 M
If I purchase the PC 7336 (Sander) from Lowes, what will I need to purchase...

in order to use it as a buffer/polisher? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2003, 07:25 PM
racer wannabe

Mein Auto: '14 535iX '12 X5, '03 325
You will need some velcro backing plate for easy pad changing and a few different cutting/polishing pads. You can check out CMA's Porter Cable Accessory Kit .
Old 09-18-2019, 07:17 AM

Mein Auto:
Yeah I thought maybe as much. Also I wasnt really too sure. So I thought I would ask what everyone gets.

Is the 7336 cheaper or something, or does lowes not carry the 7424?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2019, 07:36 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 328xi
I use a Porter Cable Dual Action buffer. You need to be careful to get someone designed for use on cars, even if it costs more. I suggest you look at meguiars.com or Griots website for their tools. Make sure you get the dual action model, not a n orbital sander.

Last edited by southcoastguy; 09-18-2019 at 07:38 AM.
Old 09-21-2019, 08:54 AM

Mein Auto:
The Dewalt 443 low OPMs doesn`t run as easy as the PC`s low OPMs, which is the PC`s best strength waxing wise. For polishing the Dewalt is really cool because it can hit past the 6000 OPM mycoles and doesn`t bog from what I hear. Accessories are the main killing point for the Dewalt. I`m guessing in a year or two there will be some new similar Random Orbitals on the market.
Old 09-21-2019, 12:24 PM
C code: 405/3

Mein Auto: 99 Z3 M Coupe
The pc 7424 and 7336 are the same machine, exactly. Same motor, same dimensions. Only the counterweight and plate differ but you can purchase different counterweights too. I have the 7336 and never bothered with exchanging the counterweight.

Get a 5 inch backing plate. That'll allow you to use 5.5 inch foam pads. Get 6 orange or yellow pads for compounding and 6 black or white ones for polishing/jewelling.

If you want even more versatility from your 7336, you can buy a 3 inch backing plate. 3.5 inch pads will let you apply more pressure while working, thus correcting more quickly. These smaller pads also let you get into tighter areas.

And, microfiber pads, both for cutting and polishing, can work more quickly than foam pads so if you're going to do a lot of correcting, add the microfiber pads.

We'll talk about compounds and polishes after you decide on a buffer.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:33 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2002 530i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnz3mc View Post
The pc 7424 and 7336 are the same machine, exactly. Same motor, same dimensions. Only the counterweight and plate differ but you can purchase different counterweights too. I have the 7336 and never bothered with exchanging the counterweight.

Get a 5 inch backing plate. That'll allow you to use 5.5 inch foam pads. Get 6 orange or yellow pads for compounding and 6 black or white ones for polishing/jewelling.

If you want even more versatility from your 7336, you can buy a 3 inch backing plate. 3.5 inch pads will let you apply more pressure while working, thus correcting more quickly. These smaller pads also let you get into tighter areas.

And, microfiber pads, both for cutting and polishing, can work more quickly than foam pads so if you're going to do a lot of correcting, add the microfiber pads.

We'll talk about compounds and polishes after you decide on a buffer.
Lots of great advice in this one post!!!

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > The Detail Department
Today's Posts Search