BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Thoughts on an x4 deal

548 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  jjrandorin 
#1 ·
Merry Christmas everyone.

Just wanted to get thoughts from folks on this x4 deal that came across.

2018 x4 2.8
Cold Weather, Premium, Driving Assistance, Apple Car Play, Nav
MSRP $55.4k.
This was a loaner car so about 4.7k miles on it.

Rolled over 7 MSDs from existing X1 with 5 months pull ahead
Base MF = 0.00152
61% residual

NY taxes
36months/10k/month
$445/month with $2k total drive off

#2 ·
There is some information missing if you want to evaluate this, but before I get into what, I would like to ask, is this deal already done (signed, picked up)? You are using past tense ("rolled over).

So, is this something you are considering, or something you already did?

#5 ·
Well, you didnt list the selling price before discounts in your original post, so thats one.

Second, you dont say if the MF you are being quoted is BEFORE or AFTER your msds. For the people who can roll them in still the discount is now .00005 per (for a total of .00035). It would be totally possible for the dealer to quote you .00152 as the MF and say your MSDs are rolled in (because they could markup the MF and then "discount" it by your MSDs back to .00152).

If you are getting your MSDs applied to the base, your effective MF would not be .00152, it would be .00152 minus .00035 (or .00117).

You list your MF at .00152 so is that what you are paying before or after your MSDs?

Thats the second thing thats missing.

What fees are you paying exactly? You are paying NY taxes so you are paying taxes up front. What about doc fees etc? Where are the fees broken out?

Thats the third thing.

Is the RV" really 61%? I thought on a loaner car the RV was the base rate adjusted by the number of miles (minus the first 500). So, since you say the car has 4700 miles, I believe there is an adjustment on the RV on the car for 4200 miles times .25 a mile (or minus $1050 actual dollars to the base residual, so the residual wouldnt actually be 61% it would be 61% minus that adjustment I just mentioned).

So, what is the RV actually? Did they tell you about the adjustment (maybe, maybe not?)

"pull aheads" are only 3 months paid for by BMW. The other 2 months in your deal are paid for by.. someone. Did they specifically tell you that they were making your last two payments, or, are they just in the deal somewhere (the second part is much more likely).

Those are my questions. I have not run it through a leasing calculator.

I know you have been a member here a loong time, but demo cars are not the deals they used to be.

I would look at what a new one would be, and I would want to know the status of those other 2 payments (as in "show me these are not buried in the numbers somewhere")

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.