Say good bye to 0.9% - Page 2 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Ask-A-BMW-Dealer

Ask-A-BMW-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors from supporting BMW dealerships. Get all of your BMW pricing, ordering, buying, financing, and leasing questions answered here!

Old 08-28-2008, 06:25 AM

Mein Auto: 2015 BMW 328d Sport Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotman View Post
I predict incentives will return in a few months or so.

BMW sales will continue to drop, and even if BMW is able to perform well over the next 6 months by clearing out old inventory and limiting new production, the fact remains that they will probably be selling far LESS cars and making LESS money.

Isn't there a statistic that something like 60-70% of BMWs were leased?

Their high sticker prices combined with average at best financing rates, plus crappy residuals and low MFs on leases will surely drive away some buyers, me included.

I will do a short term lease on something else until BMW improves things for me....I love the cars but refuse to pay through the nose for them.
Sure, there will be incentives, but I think they'll eventually be light and not heavy due to the tightening of the production spigot.

Indeed, IMO, BMW will sell less cars in the US, but make up for that in other markets (Russia, India, China).

There used to be a lower lease penetration years ago, but due to strong pre-owned demend, the high residuals and reliably predictable high resale values helped BMW sales growth over the years. It made sense to increase the lease penetration because you knew you'd have a strong pre-owned market to back up those high residuals. The problem this year is that used car prices collapsed overall with SUVs leading the way. If you don't have a strong pre-owned market, you can't support the new car market with strong leases. That's why if you wean yourself a bit from leasing and take a more balanced ownership/leasing ratio, less supply, then the resale vales and residuals will creep back up.

Last edited by adrian's bmw; 08-28-2008 at 06:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2008, 07:59 AM
Rocket Scientist

Mein Auto: 2010 M3 and 2011 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by philippek View Post
Looks like option credits live to see another month. In general, money factors are going up, residuals are crashing (particularly on 24 month terms), and finance rates are going up 1-4 points, depending on model. Bottom line: I've got 5 days to get rid of 400 cars
I would expect '08 residuals to crash at the end of the year and trunk money to be thrown in if there is any stock to move.

What about '09 numbers?
Old 08-28-2008, 08:05 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '03 M3 Carbon Blk
there's always a better deal around the corner. unless you're dealing with real estate or one of a kind items.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2008, 08:09 AM
Special Agent

Mein Auto: Depends on the day!
http://www.bimmerfile.com/2008/08/28...rates-to-jump/
2006 325i ED 8/29/05: Retired

Old 08-28-2008, 08:14 AM

Mein Auto: 08 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapezzul View Post
According to the PDF on that link the only real change on the 335 leases is that the MF went up by .0004 on the coupe....stayed the same as last month on the sedan. Residuals appear to be the same.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:39 AM
Special Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj94 View Post
According to the PDF on that link the only real change on the 335 leases is that the MF went up by .0004 on the coupe....stayed the same as last month on the sedan. Residuals appear to be the same.
residuals are down... basically anything in BOLD is a change from last month.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:12 AM

Quote:
residuals are down... basically anything in BOLD is a change from last month.
None of the 36 month rates changed though from what I can see on the 3 series. MF on the coupe makes a small difference, but no the $80-100/month people are talking about.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:25 AM
Special Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj94 View Post
None of the 36 month rates changed though from what I can see on the 3 series. MF on the coupe makes a small difference, but no the $80-100/month people are talking about.
There are other models besides the 3 Series, and other terms than 36 months

Old 08-28-2008, 09:35 AM

Quote:
There are other models besides the 3 Series, and other terms than 36 months
I know, but it sounded like things would be across the board. I guess not - good news for me.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:00 AM

Mein Auto: K1200RS, E93/335i:4cruzin
Quote:
If you want to see the shifts in BMWs strategy play out.

Run a lease calculation (24/30) on a M3. With the residuals just above 50%. Depereciation on shorter lease terms is at least $1200 (24mon.) Add another >$200 for rent and a low optioned M3 lease is approaching $1500/[email protected] 36 months, starts getting better but it is still way north of 1k.

Basically, BMWNA is saying we don't want write short term leases on M3s.

Last edited by bmwKbiker; 08-28-2008 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:02 PM

Mein Auto: 1999 Camaro Z28
If you ask me, there's a lot of dealer hype on this forum for the 0.9% financing stuff. Before August it was "no way this deal is coming back after July!". Why wouldn't it have? It was pretty much one of the last months of the 08s. I believe .9% financing will carry on with whatever is left on the lots until it's gone. Just seems like common sense. Why would you offer a crappier finance rate if you still have 08s to clean up on the lot?

I think a lot of dealers on this forum just want to spread the antsy-ness to make you jump on the deal. Just my 2 cents
Old 09-02-2008, 02:36 PM
F e s t S p o n s o r

Mein Auto: 2010 X5
BMW Financial Service has posted the rates for September and October. And for the most part all the rates have gone up.
And I can agree with you the the rates should stay the same with only a few months left in the year.
Think of it the other way, if the CA's did not say a word about the rates and they expired, would that be better? We only post what is given to us from BMWFS. If rates change midstream, well, we can't predict that. But with what we where given last week, the rates have gone up.

Early bird gets the worm!
Old 09-02-2008, 02:41 PM

Mein Auto: NOTHING YET
[QUOTE=New Motors;3516967]BMW Financial Service has posted the rates for September and October.
/QUOTE]

So what is the APR for 2009 328xi. BMW site doesn't have anything yet.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to Excitmnt94 Send a message via Yahoo to Excitmnt94
Mein Auto: '09 135i coupe
the '09 residuals are not out yet...probably mid-september. No sales support on MY 2009 cars as far as financing or anything else has been announced.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:14 PM
F e s t S p o n s o r

94- True. The only things posted are for 08's
Old 09-02-2008, 03:33 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanH View Post
If you ask me, there's a lot of dealer hype on this forum for the 0.9% financing stuff. Before August it was "no way this deal is coming back after July!". Why wouldn't it have? It was pretty much one of the last months of the 08s. I believe .9% financing will carry on with whatever is left on the lots until it's gone. Just seems like common sense. Why would you offer a crappier finance rate if you still have 08s to clean up on the lot?

I think a lot of dealers on this forum just want to spread the antsy-ness to make you jump on the deal. Just my 2 cents
That's pretty much NOT the way the dealers who post on this forum work. They provide the best information they have at the time. For those who prefer to wait and take their chances, that's their choice.

Present - '06 E90 330i sport; Past - '04 E46 ZHP, '00 E46 328i
www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!
Old 09-02-2008, 05:03 PM

Mein Auto: Now 2018 A4 Quattro
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
That's pretty much NOT the way the dealers who post on this forum work. They provide the best information they have at the time. For those who prefer to wait and take their chances, that's their choice.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:57 AM

Mein Auto: 2016 X3 M-Sport
Are the residuals listed based on 12000 miles, and if so, do you still add back the 3% for 10,000 mile/year leases (328i numbers)?
Old 09-03-2008, 07:28 AM

Mein Auto: A car
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
+1 - you wait or jump on the offers available based on your own personal circumstances. The dealers here give their best advice based on what they know and what they are allowed to be let known - they are not allowed to tell me/us/you what the September 3rd incentives will be until the day arrives... now... that said... Adrian, PhillipeK et al... what are they?
Old 09-03-2008, 09:07 AM

Mein Auto: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyb View Post
+1 - you wait or jump on the offers available based on your own personal circumstances. The dealers here give their best advice based on what they know and what they are allowed to be let known - they are not allowed to tell me/us/you what the September 3rd incentives will be until the day arrives... now... that said... Adrian, PhillipeK et al... what are they?

Site not updated yet it seems, still showing 0.9% good through Sept 2. I drove by Global Imports this past weekend and their garages were packed all the way to the roof level. Not sure how much inventories were moved over the last two months but I wonder if the rates go up how on Earth will they get empty to make room for MY09
Old 09-03-2008, 09:34 AM

Mein Auto: A car
yes, BMW are horrible about updating their website in a timely manner - it MIGHT be later today or tomorrow before they get round to it; especially if their previous two updates I have watch are anything to go by.

That's really why I was asking if Adrian or anyone else at a dealer can post the details ahead of BMW getting their web team off their butts...
Old 09-03-2008, 10:08 AM
F e s t S p o n s o r

the updates come around 3 today.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:11 AM
F e s t S p o n s o r

Are the residuals listed based on 12000 miles, and if so, do you still add back the 3% for 10,000 mile/year leases (328i numbers)?

Posted at 10k.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:23 AM
F e s t S p o n s o r

Just updated. No info on 09's. The Push will be on the 08 Build out. OP Discount is still in effect. And WOW, 25,400 BMW's last month, Not to shabby.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:28 AM
Past Sponsor

Mein Auto: Z4 M Cpe, Miata, X6 50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyb View Post
Depending on your point of view, BMW is either being incredibly masterful in managing the 08 build-out, or they have completely lost all integrity.

You've seen the pressure they've applied to dealers and consumers. They've employed scare tactics like I've never seen before. And they are not afraid to change the game at any point. You've seen the bulletin which was published on the 27th. Just this morning another amended bulletin came out, and I'm hearing from reliable sources that another adjustment may be just around the corner.

The bottom line is that BMW is pulling back from the broad support which they offered across the line. Now they are agressively targeting those models which are still stuck on the ground. The bigger the car, the bigger the deal: 7 series, M5s, M6s and now even M3s are seeing sales support.

Some models are pretty much gone, and sales support has decreased or evaporated: 3 series coupes and convertibles and AWD coupes, sedans and wagons.

Still other models are chugging along according to plan, and sales support has diminished, although only slightly: Z4, 5 series, X3 and X5.

There are two areas where significant new opportunities have opened: 335i sedans and 135i convertibles. Both have programs this month which are better than ever.

And the one car which has defied all expectations, particularly my own, is the X6. Say what you want about that car, but BMW can't make them fast enough. Clearly there is a certain buyer who wants that car and simply isn't concerned about the price of gas or what other people think about it's relative eco-friendliness.

And that's all I'll say here for now. PM or email for more specifics.

Last edited by philippek; 09-03-2008 at 11:58 AM.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Ask-A-BMW-Dealer
Today's Posts Search