BMW X1 2016 I need a help find a Chip performance - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 F48 (2016 - current)

X1 F48 (2016 - current)
Second generation F48 BMW X1 builds on the success of it's predecessor. Increases in power, interior and cargo space keep it a leader in the small SUV field.

Old 03-10-2018, 04:28 AM

Mein Auto: X1 2016 M package
BMW X1 2016 I need a help find a Chip performance

Hi guys Iím now on this forum the reason why I sign up it because I need some help, I want to add some horse power to my car I donít want to modify any part because the car is still under warranty, but I want thinking maybe a chip performance is better choice can you guys help me find one I donít care how much money cost I just want the best for my car and I want something that you can turn on and off.. thank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2018, 10:48 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2002 BMW M3 6MT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginooo1989 View Post
Hi guys I'm now on this forum the reason why I sign up it because I need some help, I want to add some horse power to my car I don't want to modify any part because the car is still under warranty, but I want thinking maybe a chip performance is better choice can you guys help me find one I don't care how much money cost I just want the best for my car and I want something that you can turn on and off.. thank
In general, you can't "turn on and off" a "chip". The options that are available for this vehicle are in-line. You have to unplug one or two connectors and plug the device between the two original connectors. If you have to take the car into the dealer, you remove the device. A couple of options are DINANTRONICS or Berger Racing. I believe there are others.
Old 03-10-2018, 11:55 AM
'17 X1 - Rooster Cruisin'

Mein Auto: '93 "Beemer" R100r
Here, this will get you started and what gains that you can expect:
https://www.dinancars.com/product/d4...eries=&mid=X1/

It's not really yours until you void the warranty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2018, 03:35 PM

Are they safe to use..? Or they will ruin the car in the long run..?
Old 03-10-2018, 03:49 PM
'17 X1 - Rooster Cruisin'

Mein Auto: '93 "Beemer" R100r
Primarily, you are alterating the boost pressure and probably the fuel allocation and engine timing so that you are running the engine closer to its design limits. More damage is done just by wailing on the engine more often after making these alterations, i.e. you're sacrificing a measure of reliability and longevity for the performance gain. Ain't no "free lunch" with any performance mod. As you can see on the graph, max gains peak at 5000 rpm. Essentially, you will gain 20 to 40 hp plus increased torque in the lower rpms. The question is: Is it worth $300?

It's not really yours until you void the warranty.

Last edited by Ridin'Dirty; 03-10-2018 at 03:55 PM.
Old 03-12-2018, 03:57 PM

Mein Auto: e46 330i touring
I'm surprised how much power this thing has stock. I'm spoiled by a supercharged 3L i6 in my other car but the X1 is actually reasonably quick. Before I bought it I thought I would add a chip but after driving it for few months I don't think I'll be modifying it.
Old 03-12-2018, 04:51 PM

You right about that is really quick as it is, so I think I changed my mind about the chip, also because I don't want to ruin the engine, I'm going to keep my car for at least 2 more years, and i was thinking to get a X5 next, or going with a Range Rover I will across that bridge where I get there..***55357;***56832;
Old 03-12-2018, 08:20 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2002 BMW M3 6MT Coupe
@mr_lab_rat, Not sure how you can think this little engine performs well compared to a supercharged 3L I-6. What is the vehicle? Maybe it's a heavy vehicle? The X1 performs okay, but I wouldn't call it a performance vehicle by any measure.

@Ginooo1989, Engines are tuned conservatively from the factory to emphasize mileage and emissions. Horsepower is always left on the table, especially with a turbo. Unless you drive the car hard day in and day out, installing a tune will not appreciably affect the lifespan of the engine. If you drive your car hard with or without a tune, the engine won't last as long as someone to doesn't drive their car hard. When / if the X2 M3.5i comes out, it will be based on the same B46 engine, which already has a forged crankshaft and forged connecting rods.
Old 03-18-2018, 05:33 AM

Mein Auto: 2016 BMW X1
I'm considering using this chip in the future, don't know anyone who has tried it though. https://www.racechip.us/shop/bmw/x1-...-258lb-ft.html
Old 07-03-2019, 08:58 AM

Mein Auto: Bimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirjabsalot View Post
I'm considering using this chip in the future, don't know anyone who has tried it though. https://www.racechip.us/shop/bmw/x1-...-258lb-ft.html
Just jumping on this old thread, because they just released an installation video for the F48.

RaceChip went local in the US in 2018 (office, R&D). It works very well. Let me know if you have questions.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 F48 (2016 - current)
Today's Posts Search