335i N55 Problems - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 05-22-2019, 08:56 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 335i M-Sport
335i N55 Problems

I'm having some weird issues with my car, it is a 2012 e92 335i w/N55 just surpassed 100k

I was driving on a hot day about a month ago and my car shut off on me while I was driving. I was able to pull over and turn the car back on and have not had that issue since. Everything electrical was still on when the car shut off and leads me to believe it is something fuel related. Maybe HPFP?

Which leads to me next issue. The car has been feeling really sluggish lately, and this is the best way I can describe what I'm experiencing: The car is DECELERATING too fast.. and I know when you are in a lower gear you feel this. But the car does not coast how it used to when I first bought it. It physically moves me forward almost as if the car is braking. It feels very odd.

I also have a weird squeak on a cold start, but not every cold start. It sounds like a pulley or belt, but I have replaced the belt, tensioner, and both idler pulleys (75mm & 90mm). The squeak definitely got less noticeable after replacing these items but it's still there just quieter.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated. I tried to include all the details I could without making this too long...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2019, 08:47 AM
beemlyfe

Mein Auto: 2009 335i
I doubt the HPFP would cause the engine to cut off randomly. Did anything flicker when it shut off? Sounds like two independent problems, if you ask me. Try putting the vehicle in neutral when you're decelerating, if the issue persists, it's likely not anything to do with the powertrain. If you have Carly or a decent OBD reader, check and see if there are any shadow or historic codes. Could be a potential place to start.

PS, the term sluggish usually defines acceleration, not deceleration.
Genesis 3:25: "And next he proceeded to form the naturally aspirated inline six engine and place it in a 50/50 weight distribution rear wheel drive chassis. It was given the spark of life, and the exhaust note was good."

(-) 2011 535i xDrive
(-) 2011 335i, Automatic (), Convertible
(-) 2009 335i, M-Sport W/ Prem, Manual, Dinan Stage 2
(-) 2003 330I, ZHP, Manual (my pride and joy)Performance Package
(-) 1997 CBR600
Old 05-23-2019, 08:58 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 335i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachfolger View Post
I doubt the HPFP would cause the engine to cut off randomly. Did anything flicker when it shut off? Sounds like two independent problems, if you ask me. Try putting the vehicle in neutral when you're decelerating, if the issue persists, it's likely not anything to do with the powertrain. If you have Carly or a decent OBD reader, check and see if there are any shadow or historic codes. Could be a potential place to start.

PS, the term sluggish usually defines acceleration, not deceleration.

Thanks for your response. No, nothing flickered, everything was still lit up on the dash, no warning lights or anything. And I was able to turn the car on like normal and haven't had the issue since. Ever since I bought the car it has had a weird idle problem where the RPM's will surge up and down on a warm start and then after idleing for a while it will dip down and go so low that it sounds like the engine is going to die. But it is very random and doesn't happen all the time. I have previously fixed this issue temporarily by performing the Throttle Body Adaptation Reset. But the problem comes back after a while. I thought that this may have something to do with car randomly dying.

I do not have a Carly or anything similar but I did have the codes read at a shop and nothing came back..

Could the PCV have anything to do with this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2019, 01:29 PM
Kostspieliger Spaß Quandt

Mein Auto: e46;e92;f30;e83, AMv8v
Five words:

Direct injection - walnut blasting required

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh....php?t=1279872

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
335i, issues, n55, problems

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search