2007 328xi sedan - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 08-11-2019, 11:20 AM

Mein Auto:
2007 328xi sedan

I posted a while ago I'm my intro about some issues I had with the car I bought for my son.
Issues:

1 valve cover cracked, fixed with new BMW valve cover and gasket, aftermarket one I ordered didn't fit.

2 lower front control arms, replaced with aftermarket. So far so good. 5000 miles in about 4 months.

Symptoms of last issue!!!! This is where I need help.
Car seems to lug and vibrate at low rpms, 1000 to 1400 when just chugging along maybe doing 20-25. You can feel the vibration in the steering wheel and the floorboards. I already changed the air filter, and cleaned the mass airflow sensor, doing this seemed to improve the vibrations. To meet it feels like the car is between shifts.

I just ordered a trans filter and gasket to change the trans fluid this week. My question what fluid to get? I know it's dex VI, it's the gm trans. Would any dex VI WORK. I know there is an expensive fluid from BMW that is supposed to be the best but will other brands be just as good?

A side note, I drove a 2019 as a loaner when a recall was completed and this X3 did the same vibration or flutter. I'm beginning to think it could be fuel related, 87 octane was probably run in it bc it was a loaner.

So what transmission fluid should I get?

Should I use any trans treatment, like lucas trans treatment?

Car has 117000 miles on it now and otherwise runs great!

Thanks

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search