At a lost ('08 328i) - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 09-10-2019, 05:00 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 530i
At a lost ('08 328i)

Hey all, man I'm at lost. So a few months ago my car misfired ever so often, thought nothing of it maybe thought it was the fuel I was using. Fast forward a weeks later, my car's dashboard went full Christmas when I was driving, had no power and barely could get up the slightest of hills. I changed the coils, plugs, and cleaned the vanos solenoids. Thought I fixed the problems, but it got worse. The video below is how it's running now, I'm getting the following codes; p0335, p0442,and misfires on cylinders 1 and 4. It will not stay on unless I'm constantly giving it gas, also I did clean the MAF. I'm guessing a small hose leak, but can't find it anywhere. Would a small hose leak or a bad crankshaft sensor cause all these random misfires?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2019, 07:32 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 328xi
Tough one, I have a similar but not as severe issue. I think its a leak somewhere but even on a vacuum test I did not see anything on mine. You can do a vacuum test for $15 as done in the video below.

The leak is behind the MAF somewhere is my guess.

Old 09-12-2019, 02:14 PM

Mein Auto: e46-e92
P0442 means your EVAP is leaking or connected. Double check your gas cap works properly? So start with double checking all the vacuum lines... And make sure your sensors are connected! P0335 is your Crankshaft Position sensor... Yes the air leak and bad sensor will cause those problems!! What type of gas where you using before? Make sure you have the correct correct coils and spark plugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skalomax View Post
Hey all, man I'm at lost. So a few months ago my car misfired ever so often, thought nothing of it maybe thought it was the fuel I was using. Fast forward a weeks later, my car's dashboard went full Christmas when I was driving, had no power and barely could get up the slightest of hills. I changed the coils, plugs, and cleaned the vanos solenoids. Thought I fixed the problems, but it got worse. The video below is how it's running now, I'm getting the following codes; p0335, p0442,and misfires on cylinders 1 and 4. It will not stay on unless I'm constantly giving it gas, also I did clean the MAF. I'm guessing a small hose leak, but can't find it anywhere. Would a small hose leak or a bad crankshaft sensor cause all these random misfires?

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search