2007 bmw 328xi - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 06-02-2020, 01:55 PM

Mein Auto:
2007 bmw 328xi

I been having issues with my E92. I have a couple of codes and I do not know what else to do in order to pass emissions.

the codes are P0503 and P1775

The car runs OK. At lower RPMs the car kind of shakes a bit. Tires are good and I replaced recently the wheel speed sensor (front and back).

Please advise what else I should do???

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2020, 07:07 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 BMW 328XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi1211 View Post
I been having issues with my E92. I have a couple of codes and I do not know what else to do in order to pass emissions.

the codes are P0503 and P1775

The car runs OK. At lower RPMs the car kind of shakes a bit. Tires are good and I replaced recently the wheel speed sensor (front and back).

Please advise what else I should do???

Thanks
Have the Spark Plugs and Ignition Coils been replaced?
Old 06-05-2020, 09:33 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 328xi E91
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi1211 View Post
... the codes are P0503 and P1775... I replaced recently the wheel speed sensor (front and back)...
How many Wheel Speed Sensors did you replace, and at WHICH wheels?
Do you have any warning lights for ABS, DSC or 4X4 (or anything else)?
What Scan Tool (Brand & Model) do you have available to read Fault Codes or Parameters/Live Data?
Can it display Wheel Speed Signals in Real Time?
What OTHER Fault Codes do you have?
Have you carefully examined the wiring and connector associated with the Right-Rear Wheel Speed Sensor?

BOTH Codes, P0503 (DME/Engine) and P1775 (EGS/Transmission) relate to speed signal from the Right-Rear Wheel Speed Sensor, BUT that sensor is NOT connected directly to either the DME or EGS Modules, but rather to the DSC/DXC (on your 328xi). If the DSC did NOT get a proper signal from ONE of the four Wheel Speed Sensors, Warning Lights would appear on the Instrument Cluster for ABS, DSC & 4X4.

So if you do NOT have those warning lights, the DSC is likely getting proper Wheel Speed Signals from ALL FOUR wheels, but there is/was some interruption in the BUS communications between DSC and DME & EGS. I would try to CLEAR both those codes, AFTER checking for and saving any "Freeze Frame Data" related to each code (snapshot of system conditions such as vehicle speed, RPM, Mileage, etc. when the Fault Code was saved), and see if either code returns.

Be aware that BMW Diagnostic Software such as INPA or ISTA could do things like connect to EACH of the ~ 20 modules in your vehicle, such as the DSC/DXC, and read Fault Codes, Read Freeze Frame Data, Display Speed & Rotation Direction of EACH wheel in Real Time, and provide more accurate Definitions of each Code. A P-code reader is a good "starting point" for diagnostics in many instances, particularly engine/DME Faults, but this is NOT one of those situations. If the scan tool available to you CANNOT read faults in, or connect to, the DSC module, the next "cheap" step would be to get codes read at Advance Auto, Autozone, or the like.

George

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search