[eas] iPodyourBMW integration kits for new 3, 5 and 6 series now IN STOCK! - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Site Sponsors & Bimmerfest Group Buys

Site Sponsors & Bimmerfest Group Buys
Looking to get some great BMW parts for your car? Get the latest info on sponsor group buys, new products or simply ask a site sponsor a question here!

Old 08-24-2006, 06:06 PM
european auto source

Mein Auto: BMW
[eas] iPodyourBMW integration kits for new 3, 5 and 6 series now IN STOCK!

Just released this week from BMW, we now have the iPod integration kits for the new 3-series, 5-series/M5 and 6-series/M6 - our inventory just arrived in stock about an hour ago and are looking for new BMWs to be installed into.

iPod your BMW kit for 3/5/6 Series BMW: http://www.europeanautosource.com/in...Path=67_69_198

This device integrates the Apple iPod into the BMW audio system and allows BMW owners to control and listen to their iPod music collection by using the vehicle’s iDrive, radio and steering wheel controls (if equipped).

The interface is compatible with the e60 5-series & M5. However, this device cannot be used in conjunction with the 6-disc CD Changer.

The installation kit consists of two wiring harnesses and an interface module. The interface module is connected to the MOST Bus, located behind the dash and has a cable running to the glove box of the vehicle. The connector located in the glove box of the vehicle provides the connection between the iPod and the vehicle. It also charges the iPod while connected and the vehicle is running.

Using the CD Changer mode on the iDrive or radio controls, users can access the functionality of their iPod. CD1 allows the customer to listen to their own customized playlists, CD2 by artist names, CD3 by album title, CD4 by music genre, CD5 by Podcast, and CD6 displays a selection of songs from their music library. Additional features such as Repeat, Random and Scan can also be selected.

Models Supported:

3/2005+ 3-series, without Navigation
9/2005+ 3-series, with Navigation
3/2005+ 5-series, without Navigation
9/2005+ 5-series & M5 with Navigation
9/2005+ 6-series & M6

* may require activation from your local BMW dealer after installation

Compatible with 4th & 5th Generation iPod Video as well as iPod mini and nano

We are offering free shipping until the end of August on all BMW-branded iPod kits. There's no reason to wait, get in now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2006, 04:08 PM
ex-M couper

Mein Auto: '16 340i x-Drive 6MT
Cool Tom, just got it ordered, but no free shipping. Oh well, that's not really a big deal.

Mediterranean Blue 2016 340i x-Drive; 6MT
Old 08-29-2006, 04:47 PM
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clevenger View Post
Cool Tom, just got it ordered, but no free shipping. Oh well, that's not really a big deal.
Caught it and got it changed for you. Shipping immediately.

Edit: Shipped today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2006, 06:42 PM
ex-M couper

Thanks Tom. Great service as always.

Old 08-30-2006, 05:40 PM
ex-M couper

Tom, got the kit today and have it in and working. No problems. With a car that already has the CD Changer it's simple as can be to change it out.

I do still need to get the unit snugged down, but that's a job for later tonight.

Next up is the Aux-In mod. I have the parts, just need to get the directions.

Old 08-30-2006, 10:52 PM
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clevenger View Post
Tom, got the kit today and have it in and working. No problems. With a car that already has the CD Changer it's simple as can be to change it out.

I do still need to get the unit snugged down, but that's a job for later tonight.

Next up is the Aux-In mod. I have the parts, just need to get the directions.
AUX instructions are in your email.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:03 AM
ex-M couper

Thanks yet again!

Old 09-05-2006, 11:30 PM
Slammed E39!

Mein Auto: 03' 530i
Anything for the 04' e60?
Old 09-06-2006, 12:28 AM
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw530i_408 View Post
Anything for the 04' e60?
The kits are available, however the software from BMW isn't ready quite yet for the pre 3/2005 models. If you would like to secure a kit in the meantime, you can have the kit installed and your 5-series updated when the software is ready from BMW.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:24 AM

Mein Auto: 997.2 & F10 528
hi tom, what are my ipod integration kit choices for a 06 Z4 3.0si coupe? what are the differences btwn the BMW unit vs the DICE? dont want to have the cradle if possible...
Old 09-06-2006, 11:57 AM
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by koby View Post
hi tom, what are my ipod integration kit choices for a 06 Z4 3.0si coupe? what are the differences btwn the BMW unit vs the DICE? dont want to have the cradle if possible...
The DICE will come with the docking cable, no need to worry. The DICE will also allow the iPod clickwheel to remain unlocked and allow for text display on both the iPOd and your Radio/NAV screen - features the BMW kit does not offer.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:42 AM

Mein Auto: 997.2 & F10 528
thanks for your reply tom!

i've sent you a PM~
Old 09-11-2006, 09:08 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via Yahoo to DotBalm
Mein Auto: '04 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
The kits are available, however the software from BMW isn't ready quite yet for the pre 3/2005 models. If you would like to secure a kit in the meantime, you can have the kit installed and your 5-series updated when the software is ready from BMW.
Is there a benefit of having the kit installed w/o the proper software update for pre 3/2005 models such as ipod plays but will lack integration such as menu and controls? Thx
Old 09-11-2006, 09:20 AM
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotBalm View Post
Is there a benefit of having the kit installed w/o the proper software update for pre 3/2005 models such as ipod plays but will lack integration such as menu and controls? Thx
Without the correct software - the kit will not be recognized. New software update is coming soon from BMW, some people are already installing the kits in preparation for the software when it arrives.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:34 PM

Mein Auto:
I am a newbie to this website. I just had a couple of more questions relating to the BMW ipod integration. I also have a 2004 5-series BMW and because of that, cannot get the BMW version of the ipod integration. Does anyone know if BMW is going to have an IPOD integration interface to the 2004 5-series? Also, I read in this forum that there is going to be a software update from BMW, does anybody know when that is going to happen and what that is going to do? And finally, for the IPOD integration at the top of this thread, does it work with the 60 GB IPODs?
Old 09-29-2006, 06:39 PM
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepun9981 View Post
I am a newbie to this website. I just had a couple of more questions relating to the BMW ipod integration. I also have a 2004 5-series BMW and because of that, cannot get the BMW version of the ipod integration. Does anyone know if BMW is going to have an IPOD integration interface to the 2004 5-series? Also, I read in this forum that there is going to be a software update from BMW, does anybody know when that is going to happen and what that is going to do? And finally, for the IPOD integration at the top of this thread, does it work with the 60 GB IPODs?
The same kit is compatible for your 5-series. It's the software update that's needed to properly initialize the device and have it recognized by the vehicle.

BMW is supposed to have the updated software within the next 30 days, we'll do our best to keep everyone updated the minute its released.
Old 09-30-2006, 02:09 PM

Mein Auto:
Thanks for the information. How did you get the information about BMW doing another software update? And which types of IPOD's is our IPOD integration kit work with? I have a 60GB IPOD.
Old 09-30-2006, 03:47 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to sfbayrealtor1 Send a message via Yahoo to sfbayrealtor1
Mein Auto: BMW X5 35d
Question Easy enough for a self-installation? (i'm doing ED delivery in October)

Ahoy there,
I'm doing an ED pickup of my 2007 530i in October.

So my first question: is your Ipod kit compatible with 2007 models?

Second: How easy/difficult is it to install this kit? (perhaps you could send the installation manual to me)..

I would LOVE to install this thing as soon as I pick up my vehicle, so i can blast my tunes while zipping around da Alps

Thanks in advance...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Just released this week from BMW, we now have the iPod integration kits for the new 3-series, 5-series/M5 and 6-series/M6 - our inventory just arrived in stock about an hour ago and are looking for new BMWs to be installed into.

iPod your BMW kit for 3/5/6 Series BMW: http://www.europeanautosource.com/in...Path=67_69_198

This device integrates the Apple iPod into the BMW audio system and allows BMW owners to control and listen to their iPod music collection by using the vehicle’s iDrive, radio and steering wheel controls (if equipped).

The interface is compatible with the e60 5-series & M5. However, this device cannot be used in conjunction with the 6-disc CD Changer.

The installation kit consists of two wiring harnesses and an interface module. The interface module is connected to the MOST Bus, located behind the dash and has a cable running to the glove box of the vehicle. The connector located in the glove box of the vehicle provides the connection between the iPod and the vehicle. It also charges the iPod while connected and the vehicle is running.

Using the CD Changer mode on the iDrive or radio controls, users can access the functionality of their iPod. CD1 allows the customer to listen to their own customized playlists, CD2 by artist names, CD3 by album title, CD4 by music genre, CD5 by Podcast, and CD6 displays a selection of songs from their music library. Additional features such as Repeat, Random and Scan can also be selected.

Models Supported:

3/2005+ 3-series, without Navigation
9/2005+ 3-series, with Navigation
3/2005+ 5-series, without Navigation
9/2005+ 5-series & M5 with Navigation
9/2005+ 6-series & M6

* may require activation from your local BMW dealer after installation

Compatible with 4th & 5th Generation iPod Video as well as iPod mini and nano

We are offering free shipping until the end of August on all BMW-branded iPod kits. There's no reason to wait, get in now!
Old 09-30-2006, 04:51 PM
E30,840i,F80 M3comp,640GT

Mein Auto: F80 M3, 840Ci, E9, 640GT
So, what's the difficulty rating for a self install for an E61? Any links to installation instructions? I couldn't find it on the EAS site.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:38 PM
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepun9981 View Post
Thanks for the information. How did you get the information about BMW doing another software update? And which types of IPOD's is our IPOD integration kit work with? I have a 60GB IPOD.
This is widely known in the forums as well as well-informed dealers. The BMW kit will work with 4th Generation and later ipod models, your 60G is compatible.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:39 PM
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbayrealtor1 View Post
Ahoy there,
I'm doing an ED pickup of my 2007 530i in October.

So my first question: is your Ipod kit compatible with 2007 models?

Second: How easy/difficult is it to install this kit? (perhaps you could send the installation manual to me)..

I would LOVE to install this thing as soon as I pick up my vehicle, so i can blast my tunes while zipping around da Alps

Thanks in advance...
You will already be compatible for the iPod kit. Just have the kit installed yourself and activated at the dealer.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:40 PM
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by uter View Post
So, what's the difficulty rating for a self install for an E61? Any links to installation instructions? I couldn't find it on the EAS site.
I have instructions I can provide, feel free to email me directly.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Site Sponsors & Bimmerfest Group Buys
Today's Posts Search