BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Collision

10K views 34 replies 19 participants last post by  gregb 
#1 · (Edited)
I guess this could be Karma from my April Fool's joke last week.

I was struck in the rear passenger area while turning right into a driveway. I was headed for the BMW cca's autoX event. I'll post more info when I get home.

I'm OK, I think. I'll get checked out today if I can.

BMW Assist is pretty cool, btw.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Brutal, sorry to see that. Hopefully you are OK.

The damage looks serious with the tweaked wheel and rear quarter. The person that hit you must have been asleep at the wheel.

#5 ·
I'm not sure all the details, but since his DRIVER side front was smashed up, it looks like he turned into me to hit me. His Mazda 6 was pretty much totaled, even had oil leaking out when it was towed away. With such a small car, he had to have been going 35+ to make my car move ~20 feet sideways the way it did. I'll keep this thread updated with the repairs, if applicable...

#7 ·
Here's a shot of his car. I'm not going to bother covering up his license. :cry:

Attachments

#9 ·
That is just one weird looking wreck. If you are turning right then he should have tried to avoid you by jerking the car to the left...which would have taken off your rear bumper and scraped his right side. Or crashed your right rear qtr panel and his left front. Instead it looks like he jerked it to the right, which just made the impact worse for both of you.

Good luck...

#11 ·
The only witness said the guy was driving like a maniac, so, who knows? Perhaps he was drunk.

#14 ·
i have a condo in Santana Row so i'm in San Jose quite often, ain't even gonna say what i'm thinking about a lot of the drivers out there!!!
8-(
good luck "petriej"

#16 ·
Damn! So sorry to see this happened petriej. I know you must be upset at this but do remember that these things can be replaced and as long as you are OK, that is the most important thing. Definitely keep us informed on the developments.

#17 ·
I'm very sorry this happened to you. I hope everyone involved is OK.

#18 ·
damn thats messed up but she will be back better then ever

#21 ·
Ouch!
I'm truly sorry....
I'm going to buy you unlimited drinks and we can talk about it!

Get her fix up and feel better :)

#23 ·
Ugh! That hurts. Sorry.

#24 ·
The 6er is in the shop! I picked a shop I've used before and I was satisfied with their work. The estimate (from my insurance adjuster) was lower than I expected and Estimated Time to Fix was 30 days. I fully expect the shop to find additional damage, as the adjuster did/could not see all of the damage to the frame/rear end, so in my best guess it will be 6-8 weeks.

Thanks for your kind words!

#25 ·
The 6er is in the shop! I picked a shop I've used before and I was satisfied with their work. The estimate (from my insurance adjuster) was lower than I expected and Estimated Time to Fix was 30 days. I fully expect the shop to find additional damage, as the adjuster did/could not see all of the damage to the frame/rear end, so in my best guess it will be 6-8 weeks.

Thanks for your kind words!
Good Luck with fix petriej. Let us know how it turn out.

#28 ·
Already on it! There's at least 4 M6's 07-08 for between 60k-70k in my area. :rofl:

Seriously, though, I'm already itching for a 6er. I'm going to shoot for something a bit newer, with more options, though it may take me longer to save up the money. In the mean time, I need to keep my old 3 series in tip top shape!

#30 ·
Well well, I didn't know you are a Bimmerfester too. I'm bummed to read of the final decision on your car, but I can't say I'm surprised after seeing the carnage that morning. It's better this way as painful as it may be.

Hope you're feeling better too!

3'ers are great for autocross... nudge, nudge.

#32 · (Edited)
Haha Jeff! You found me!

Yes I know. If my plan goes well, I'll have an E36 or E46 for AutoX. :thumbup:

GiaGiaJa said:
And bring your new baby to Vegas!

What will be your next color? Can't wait to see
I'm not sure yet Gia, but just looking through craigy/*Bay etc, it looks like I can pick between blue and black. It may be a while before I can move forward on this, but I'll be sure to post pics when I do!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.