Integrated Cheat Codes: E-Sys Launcher V2.4.x - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 10-07-2015, 01:36 AM
Token Master

Mein Auto: Coded F30
Integrated Cheat Codes: E-Sys Launcher V2.4.x

Update: 10/21/2015
For next release:

New attribute: series can be applied on the cafd node level, or the code level (takes precedence).
New attribute: author. This will make it easier to maintain the XML and can be used as filter as well.

For the series, I'm looking at available series inside CAFD. For example, F020 covers F20 to F23, and F30 covers F30 up to F36. I'm still debating whether individual series makes sense, i.e. F25, F32,...etc.

Also, Activating Condition will be available too. It's useful to some, but will not be for most. It's just too much information for the most part.

Updated 10/18/2015
Massive addition to Cheat codes, courtesy of dmnc02, Otakar and ruben_17non
FDLCodes.xml.pdf

=====
First of all, please do not request download link from this thread. We have a thread for that.

If you haven't heard of integrated cheat codes in Launcher V2.4, here's a quick video I made (skip to 1:27)

Note: Looks like the video is blocked in Germany due to my background song. As far as I know, it was royalty-free.

I didn't expect this feature to be a hit as most of us already know how to code, but I got several emails asking about it. One question stands out among the rest, though. "How do I edit it/add to it?"

Well, I did design it with full customization in mind. My hope is to have a file maintained by the community and people contributing to it. So, let's get to the details.

Cheat codes are stored in an XML file, in "FDLCodes.xml" to be exact. The format is simple and I didn't enforce any schema-check, although I might in the future.

Root element is FDL and grouped by cafd. Each code is enclosed by code element and the actual items to be coded in group-function hierarchy.

The cafd element must have the id attribute and must correspond to actual CAFD ID.

The code element must have description attribute and is what is shown in the table.

The group element must have an id and this corresponds to the datagroup (or daten) in CAFD. Example: 3000, 3020, 3060...etc.

The function element must have start, end and mask in addition to the actual value. The value can be literal (LEGAL_DISCLAIMER_TIME, TCM_MSA_MEMORY...etc.) value or Werte value (00, 32, 64...etc.).

functions must be inside a group and a group can have many functions and codes can have many groups, as shown in the above image.

Here's another image showing the use of literal value:

So, why did I use start, end, and mask? It's because of function names that changed between versions, like the following:
mpm = m_performance
MAPPING_STANDL_V_L_PWM_LEVEL_1 = MAPPING_STANDL_V_L_PWM_LEVEL_STANDARD
MAPPING_STANDL_V_R_PWM_LEVEL_1 = MAPPING_STANDL_V_R_PWM_LEVEL_STANDARD
MAPPING_PARKL_V_L_PWM_LEVEL1 = MAPPING_PARKL_V_L_PWM_1_LEFT
MAPPING_PARKL_V_R_PWM_LEVEL1 = MAPPING_PARKL_V_L_PWM_1_RIGHT
...etc.

Using names would have been easier but it will a headache to maintain.

And this is also why we have the "Storage Info" feature back

Here's the file that comes with the Launchers: FDLCodes.xml.pdf
Codes are few but I hope we'll add to it.

UPDATE 10/09/2015
Changes to FDLCodes.xml can be seen immediately by refreshing the codes (click Refresh button). There's no need to restart E-Sys or the Launchers. As there are features that affect multiple ECUs, stating it in the description is a great way to notify users, i.e., FEM/ICM/EGS or Part 1 of 3...etc.

And as of V2.4.2, we can now review the codes to be applied:

Last edited by TokenMaster; 10-21-2015 at 10:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2015, 06:55 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2015 M4
Thanks for the info, TM.

So if somebody wanted to add the cheat codes for, say, enabling no-glare high beams, what should be the procedure? Should the .xml files be submitted to you or do you envision people simply posting modified FDLCodes.xml files on the forum with additional cheat codes added?

I think that no-glare high beams would be a perfect candidate for this, since it requires editing multiple Werte value directly because the literal values are not mapped consistently (e.g., multiple "Unknown" values associated with different Werte values) and this is quite confusing for people who are new to coding.

Also, a question that has been asked on the other forum is whether it would be possible to have the option to undo individual cheat codes (without VO coding and starting all over again).

Last edited by dmnc02; 10-07-2015 at 12:04 PM.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:44 PM
Token Master

I think posting the modified XML here is better. That way, I won't be the bottleneck and people can just download and use them as they see fit. And I'll merge them with my copy and make it part of the next releases.

I can't make the cheat codes like a toggle, where it will be applied when you have it checked and removed when unchecked. Too many possibilities that it will be more of a problematic feature than a useful one. Having said that, you can create a new code with default value/s and state so in the description. That way, you have a code with default value/s and another with custom value/s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2015, 08:42 PM

Great, thanks.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:28 AM

So this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture3.PNG
Views:	1198
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	532868

Name:	Capture4.PNG
Views:	892
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	532869

replaces this:

Name:	Capture0.png
Views:	985
Size:	217.0 KB
ID:	532867

Last edited by dmnc02; 10-08-2015 at 09:30 AM.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:41 AM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnc02 View Post
So this:

replaces this:

Awesome. Post your Cheat .xml file please. This is limited though to pre-Lci F3x and F8x with LED Light's correct?

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Awesome. Post your Cheat .xml file please. This is limited though to pre-Lci F3x and F8x with LED Light's correct?
I need to check one thing with TM regarding Step 3 (which involves FEM_BODY) and then I will post the complete .xml file.

This applies to all F3x/F8x other than the F30/31 LCI.

There is one forum member here who has a 2016 X5 with the FLE ECUs and who is ready to test if the coding still works with those ECUs, but unfortunately his car has been at a body shop for the past two weeks: he should have it back early next week. If everything works on that car, everything should work on the F30/31 LCI as well.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:57 AM

Quote:
I need to check one thing with TM regarding Step 3 (which involves FEM_BODY) and then I will post the complete .xml file.

This applies to all F3x/F8x other than the F30/31 LCI.

There is one forum member here who has a 2016 X5 with the FLE ECUs and who is ready to test if the coding still works with those ECUs, but unfortunately his car has been at a body shop for the past two weeks: he should have it back early next week. If everything works on that car, everything should work on the F30/31 LCI as well.
I guess GHB for Xenon's are a lost cause all together.

For LED's though, we have many possibilities I think:

F3x/F8x Pre LCI
F3x/F8x LCI
F15/F16 up to 2015
F15/F16 2016 and newer
F10 LCI

And then I am not even sure about others like F12/F13, F01/F02, and F06.

My point though is if we start publishing and sharing Cheat.xml files we need to Label / Name them or otherwise note exactly what it is for.

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
I guess GHB for Xenon's are a lost cause all together.

For LED's though, we have many possibilities I think:

F3x/F8x Pre LCI
F3x/F8x LCI
F15/F16 up to 2015
F15/F16 2016 and newer
F10 LCI

And then I am not even sure about others like F12/F13, F01/F02, and F06.

My point though is if we start publishing and sharing Cheat.xml files we need to Label / Name them or otherwise note exactly what it is for.
I do think at this point that there is no hope for Xenon's.

The LED headlights have not changed on the 2016 F3x/F8x and the coding has been confirmed to work on the 2016 F3x/F8x that still have the LHM+TMS ECUs. For whatever reason, the 2016 F30 and F31 now have the FLE ECUs instead of LHM+TMS: however, the relevant portion of the coding files for the FLE ECUs is similar to that for the LHM ECUs, so I am hopeful.

Just (US) VO coding seems to work on the F10.

I know nothing about F15/F16 up to 2015, but we will be finding out next week about F15/F16 that are 2016 or newer.
Old 10-08-2015, 01:00 PM

Mein Auto: 15 M4, MG/SO
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokenMaster View Post
I think posting the modified XML here is better. That way, I won't be the bottleneck and people can just download and use them as they see fit. And I'll merge them with my copy and make it part of the next releases.
Having read your blog few times and understanding the approach you took with E-sys launcher is all about security. Doesn't this open the doors sort of speak, I see few scenarios:
- without some checks, user sharing his xml may have in-inadvertently introduced errors
- malicious versions of "FDLCodes.xml" are circulated, and very few know about xml, reading file content, masks, schema,...

maybe I am being paranoid and don't understand how it works? Merci nouveau pour ton travail ! one solution, is to have a "trusted" review team that is responsible for accepting contributions as well as merging the contributions to the different versions of the file as was eluded to above.

Last edited by aboulfad; 10-08-2015 at 02:38 PM.
Old 10-08-2015, 03:45 PM

Mein Auto: Bmw E92 LCi / Bmw X4
I add any FDL Codes in NBT in your original FDLCodes.xml
This:
-Disable Video Speedlock (Video in motion)
-Enable Video Player From USB + All Video Plugins
-Eco Pro Prediction Diagram/Grafik
-Checkbox for Enable/Disable Sailing ECO PRO
-Lock/Unlock Sound Confirm Checkbox With alarm only
-Ambient light, MODERN to SPORT and Deactivation Check Box
-M Performance Start Animation of HMI
-Sport Display Power and Torque Gauge - Red/Silver M Performance
-Sport Display Power and Torque Gauge - Amber Standard
-Rear Camera Zoom -Trailer Mode- Only With Rear Camera
-Activate BLUETOOTH Data Profile (PAN/DUN Profile)
-Activate APPLE ENHANCEMENTS

but i have problem with Codes with 2 group ID. in my case when i code in ESYS only code the first Group ID. Second not mod values.
Please check if in your case work good this functions.
Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FDLCodes.xml.pdf (10.8 KB, 572 views)

Last edited by ruben_17non; 10-08-2015 at 06:26 PM.
Old 10-08-2015, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboulfad View Post
Having read your blog few times and understanding the approach you took with E-sys launcher is all about security. Doesn't this open the doors sort of speak, I see few scenarios:
- without some checks, user sharing his xml may have in-inadvertently introduced errors
- malicious versions of "FDLCodes.xml" are circulated, and very few know about xml, reading file content, masks, schema,...

maybe I am being paranoid and don't understand how it works? Merci nouveau pour ton travail ! one solution, is to have a "trusted" review team that is responsible for accepting contributions as well as merging the contributions to the different versions of the file as was eluded to above.
Tokenmaster can confirm.
But i 99% sure, FDL coding from Cafd Values. not afect to security.
This is same as coding FDL with normal esys, with custom values like Werte FF for speedlock.

This is good for fast code, but the way and result is same as manual coding with esys.

PD: Sorry my english...

Last edited by ruben_17non; 10-08-2015 at 04:00 PM.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:34 PM

Ola ruben! maybe the word malicious intent was not understood. That means someone that is not nice and shares a file, but modifies the values in such a way to cause harm.

Example, someone contributes a DSC EuroMDM cheat sheet (very popular) but codes one of the parameters incorrectly on purpose. That's only one example of many where harm can happen to someone or their car.

I hope my point is clearer now. Yes, cheat codes is an easy way, equivalent to doing it the manual way, but the risk here is that you are no longer coding it yourself, rather relying on someone else that provides you the cheat sheet. I am not entirely sure if this is plausible scenario, but given TM's primary concern is security I thought to mention it.

Gracias !
Old 10-08-2015, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Ola ruben! maybe the word malicious intent was not understood. That means someone that is not nice and shares a file, but modifies the values in such a way to cause harm.

Example, someone contributes a DSC EuroMDM cheat sheet (very popular) but codes one of the parameters incorrectly on purpose. That's only one example of many where harm can happen to someone or their car.

I hope my point is clearer now. Yes, cheat codes is an easy way, equivalent to doing it the manual way, but the risk here is that you are no longer coding it yourself, rather relying on someone else that provides you the cheat sheet. I am not entirely sure if this is plausible scenario, but given TM's primary concern is security I thought to mention it.

Gracias !
I personally see two possible cases here:
  • Either you know how to code or are willing to learn, in which case you can easily double-check what FDL's are in the file before using it;
  • Or you do not know how to code and are unwilling to learn, in which case your only alternative would be to rely on somebody else to do it for you: in this latter case, a file that is posted on this forum and subject to public scrutiny is a much safer alternative, at least IMO (unless, of course, you happen to live in the same town as Shawn).

Last edited by dmnc02; 10-08-2015 at 05:00 PM.
Old 10-08-2015, 05:30 PM

Quote:

Gracias !
Ok, i understand
But is easy of check, just read ECU for example NBT save backup. use fdlcodes.xml apply changes, after this just compare changes from fdl mod with original backup.

if all is ok, New codes are Checked and confirmed. is fast way.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:28 PM

ok here's my quick contrib, a EuroMDM cheat code. As I was testing this in Esys, I think I uncovered a bug either with my cheat or the nesting implementation in the xml structure. It seems that only the first group within a code section is applied to the cafd, i proved it by reversing the order of two groups within the file attached. Oh, and that is not an intentional malicious fault ;-) either a newbie mistake although i verified and re-verified, checked for spaces/tabs, ...

Software Versions:
- Esys Launcher Premium: 2.4.1 Build 80
- Esys:3.26.1
- DSC cafd: CAFD_00001A33_000_007_003.ncd

PS: I removed my contrib as the powers be decide what EuroMDM settings are proper for the F8x platform.

Last edited by aboulfad; 10-10-2015 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:30 PM

In FDLCodes.xml, i upload dun profile not work, just i upload new file with this issue fixed. sorry
Old 10-08-2015, 07:54 PM
Token Master

Interesting discussion here and if we're asking questions as a direct result of reading my blog, then my blog has done its purpose

As already pointed out by dmnc02, files posted here will be at least reviewed by somebody else. The XML file is also readable, thus, is easily verifiable. And if it so happened that an XML with wrong values are released, it is completely reversible by VO coding. And you can be certain when that happens, that you will be using legit files to restore your car.

Compared to allowing modified CAFDs, the risk is very minimal, but yes, a risk nonetheless. But so long as we stick to what's tested, it is virtually eliminated. So, don't go to the deepest, darkest, part of the interweb to download files, because that's just asking for troubles

Lastly, another release will be out soon, hopefully, later tonight. As you have tested, only the functions from the first group is being read. This will be fixed.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:28 PM

Quote:
I personally see two possible cases here:
  • Either you know how to code or are willing to learn, in which case you can easily double-check what FDL's are in the file before using it;
  • Or you do not know how to code and are unwilling to learn, in which case your only alternative would be to rely on somebody else to do it for you: in this latter case, a file that is posted on this forum and subject to public scrutiny is a much safer alternative, at least IMO (unless, of course, you happen to live in the same town as Shawn).
+1

Quote:
Interesting discussion here and if we're asking questions as a direct result of reading my blog, then my blog has done its purpose

As already pointed out by dmnc02, files posted here will be at least reviewed by somebody else. The XML file is also readable, thus, is easily verifiable. And if it so happened that an XML with wrong values are released, it is completely reversible by VO coding. And you can be certain when that happens, that you will be using legit files to restore your car.

Compared to allowing modified CAFDs, the risk is very minimal, but yes, a risk nonetheless. But so long as we stick to what's tested, it is virtually eliminated. So, don't go to the deepest, darkest, part of the interweb to download files, because that's just asking for troubles

Lastly, another release will be out soon, hopefully, later tonight. As you have tested, only the functions from the first group is being read. This will be fixed.
before i check estructure of xml, and for me appear ok, but not work second group ID i imagine is a little bug.
Perfec you fixes itt! ansious for try new version. Thanks!

maybe the only "big" problem will be with any value of Voltaje, is it is high, this can make damage, but the rest is easy to fix restore with code VO.

If new codes are posted in this thread, for First use The best way is verify codes, before FDL Code.

Last edited by ruben_17non; 10-08-2015 at 08:30 PM.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:49 AM
Token Master

V2.4.2 is now available. It fixes the parsing issue when there are multiple group nodes in a cafd element.

And also, this little guy:

Preview the changes before codes are applied
NOTE: The codes in the images are test data only. Please do not use them.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:50 AM

Quote:
V2.4.2 is now available. It fixes the parsing issue when there are multiple group nodes in a cafd element.

And also, this little guy:
NOTE: The codes in the images are test data only. Please do not use them.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:47 AM

Thanks TM for the new revision.

The FDLCodes attached below implement two sets of FDL codings that relate to the F3x/F8x LED headlights:
  • Activation of No-Glare High Beam Assistant: specifically, Steps 2 and 3 as described in this post (Step 1 requires VO coding);
  • Turning the amber sidemarker LEDs on/off, as described in this thread.
Requirements: E-Sys Launcher v.2.4.2 or newer, F3x/F8x with LHM+TMS ECUs (this includes all F3x/F8x model other than F30/31 LCI), LED headlights (option code 5A2 or 552). In addition, the activation of No-Glare High Beam Assistant requires Adaptive LED headlights (552) and High-beam assistant (5AC).
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Capture11.PNG
Views:	547
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	533041   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture12.PNG
Views:	367
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	533042   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture13.PNG
Views:	549
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	533043   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture14.PNG
Views:	318
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	533044   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture15.PNG
Views:	726
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	533045  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf FDLCodes.xml.pdf (4.6 KB, 286 views)
Old 10-09-2015, 11:54 AM

Quote:
I have just tested V2.4.2, and the parsing issue is fixed! the little addition is sooo useful , because if not, you will have to copy/paste/search for every parameter to check it was applied correctly. So i do review before and after I apply. BTW, here's a UI challenge for you, double click inside the review window, takes you to that element in the coding window

There was one another annoyance during the coding, is the maske field is not selectable, so you cant copy it, and have to guess how many trailing ones or zeores there are ... Thank you !
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EuroMDM_review.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	533050  
Old 10-09-2015, 12:05 PM

For a variety of reasons, I think it would be helpful when people post files containing codings that are not part of widely used Cheat Sheets to also provide a link to the source from which the codings are taken.

Last edited by dmnc02; 10-09-2015 at 12:06 PM.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:56 PM

Yes good idea, hence why I provided the source I know of inside the file itself for the xxxxMDM feature as well added a small header. I am not sure if it's ok to post links to other forums, hence why I didn't do it directly in the thread.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming
Today's Posts Search