BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since i've had the car, which is an auto, i can change gears merely by moving the stick. it glides with relatively no force from park to reverse drive etc. should this fix just require something like a new gearbox (what is this actually called?)?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Are you talking about the gear shift mechanism below the handle or the whole transmission( the gear box).

·
East Bound And Down
2,852 Posts
do you mean u dont have to depress the brake pedal to move it from park to reverse?
or that it doesnt stay in one selected spot...
if its the first than its a matter of adjusting
if its the second do a manual conversion :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
my friends old car was like that to he didnt have to do any thing with the brake
if it was me i would get it fixed that way your not driving down the high way and put your can in park i have done this to a car and well it not good

·
Premium Member
6,171 Posts
my friends old car was like that to he didnt have to do any thing with the brake
if it was me i would get it fixed that way your not driving down the high way and put your can in park i have done this to a car and well it not good
how the hell do you do that? drive is nowhere near park!

you just need a new shifter knob. take the knob off (via 6mm hex on the front side of the handle), and then replace the white plastic piece that comes out with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts