BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2005 BMW Z4 3.0i 6MT
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share some joy about my new weekend ride. A beautiful Z4 6 speed in Merlot Mica in nearly new condition. Just 16k miles! Great Denver Craigslist find. The mechanic at the dealer for the pre purchase inspection couldn’t believe the condition. And it drives light years better than the Z3 M roadster I used to have.

When these came out I can’t say I was sold on the styling. At the time, I was driving a 2003 330i ZHP. But I really like it now. It has aged well, like a fine Bordeaux. Looking forward to participating in the forum!

Reactions: moRider

·
Ich liebe mein BMW
3,754 Posts
That's a great looking car, Congrats on the find!

Reactions: MarcL

·
Registered
483 Posts
Great find, and I've never seen a Z4 in that color.. very nice. Agree with you on Z4 styling, I actually thought BMW had " jumped the shark" when it first came out, but the car has grown on me, and I don't think you can fully appreciate the great lines of the Z4 until one is sitting in your garage! Happy motoring.

·
Registered
2005 BMW Z4 3.0i 6MT
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unreal how in 16 years someone only drove it 1,000 miles a year
I know, right?! Based on the CarFax, the two prior owners literally only drove it about 1000 miles per year. No storage. I hope to drive it a bit more than that, but I would like to maintain it in this great condition.

·
Registered
2005 BMW Z4 3.0i 6MT
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great find, and I've never seen a Z4 in that color.. very nice. Agree with you on Z4 styling, I actually thought BMW had " jumped the shark" when it first came out, but the car has grown on me, and I don't think you can fully appreciate the great lines of the Z4 until one is sitting in your garage! Happy motoring.
Jump the shark is right! :)

·
Registered
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 6-spd Manual
97 Posts
I know, right?! Based on the CarFax, the two prior owners literally only drove it about 1000 miles per year. No storage. I hope to drive it a bit more than that, but I would like to maintain it in this great condition.
Id say oil change, coolant change, diff fluid change, manual gear box fluid change, and brake fluid flush is probably all you really need to do. Would think most of the plastic parts must be in good condition since they weren't heat cycled very much. Maybe you can go the extra mile with spark plug change? Haha but i would think thats all you gotta do really for a long time. Maybe in like 30-40k miles you could do the Vanos seals and see how the DISA valve is.

·
Registered
2005 BMW Z4 3.0i 6MT
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congratulations! A 2003 same color combination just sold on BAT for almost 18k.
Yep. I saw that. It sold right after I made my deal. Let's just say that made me feel good about my purchase.

Reactions: Hijak

·
Registered
2007 Z4 3.0Si
74 Posts
That is a great find! Congrats. I love the color too. Different. Finding a car in that condition is amazing. I found mine 3 years ago and it was also in showroom condition. 10k miles.
Welcome and I also live in Denver.
You should attend the Cars and Coffee this Saturday. Bring it and join the other Z4s. :) I also coordinate some spirited mountain drives for spring/summer...etc. Always welcome.

-J

·
Registered
2005 BMW Z4 3.0i 6MT
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts