BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have a serious problem with my Factory navi I have a 00' 540i sport 110k and my navi screen just went blink as if it was on channel 3. i went inside my trunk and i noticed the navi cpu off so i unplug all da wires n plugged it back nothing but when i unplug da navi screen da screen goes all black i took the navi cpu to a certified electrician and he told me that he checked eveything and it seems normal to him. he told me there must be a fuse that is out in the car or something, i checked every single fuse that interfers with da radio and navi and nothing iam trying to hold back from purchasing a new navi cpu :mad: but i dont know whats going on cause without that working the radio turns off every 3mins and u have 2to power it on and off every 3mins and thats getting annoying :bawling: do anyone have any ideas on this problem

·
Just a Gigolo
585 Posts
Can't tell you exactly what to look at but I can relay an issue I had with the nav screen blank. My car was getting the rear bumper replaced and the body shop while washing the area got water onto my cd changer and the rear tailight contacts.

Of course, I assumed they fried my nav comp (didn't know the cd changer was fried at the time). They took it to the dealer who after four days of testing various components found the changer and tailight problem. After replacing those the nav screen worked again! :confused: I think it was the cd changer causing the problem.

Anyway, not saying your cd changer is your problem...just that other electronic items you wouldn't think of will cause issues with your nav screen.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts