BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently have replaced my alternator and cannot get back in to top off my coolant.
I pulled on my hood release and it will not pop the latch.
The weather is extremely cold and had someone hold the latch while I pulled up still not working.
The car always gave me a hard time by myself but when I had someone hold it has always opened.
The passenger side grill is off how can I trigger the switch manually to release hood?:dunno:

Can anyone help?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
remove grill

The grill has plastic latches holding it from the inside. The latches were already broken from previous owner so all i did was shift it from side to side and it pulled out. The passenger latch is right there but I still do not see anything i can trigger to release the hood.:dunno:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was able to remove the grilles and get to the latch mechanism to pop it. I didn't fix the cable yet though. It appears to be missing an end piece to attach to the latch mechanism. So, for now I removed the hood mounted part.
Todd
00 740i

·
Registered
154 Posts
I had the same thing happen. It is not that hard a fix either. The cable will meet on the drivers side where you will see a first box that can pop open. It can be fixed there with the purchase of a 40$ hood mechanism if it broke in another place there is a junction in the front of the car. The driver part leads ito the fire wall. Make sure you lube them so it does not happen again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.