BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm a new member. I have a green 2000 740iL. The transmission is giving me a bit of a problem. I had the transmssion fluid changed. But it still will not always go into reverse unless I give it a little gas just after I select reverse and I feel the car go into reverse otherwise the car drives fine. I took it to AAMCO here in Trenton and the guy tried to rebuiled my transmission for 2321.00 and that did not include hard parts. I don't believe it needs rebuilding but I coould be wrong. Does anyone out there have any idea why the reverse gear in a 2000 740iL would act up and is there a fix that will not cost me a arm and leg. I love my baby so I will pay if I must.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks allot Joyism5 I believe you are correct I checked the reciept from the guy I had put new transmission fluid in and he only put in 8 quarts of fluid. I am going to take my baby over to meineke and have look at it. Thanks allot again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.