BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

01 330ci. Hot air from Windshield and floor vents, cool air from front vents

760 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  RayPooley
2001 330 ci. So when my ac is on Hot air comes from either floor or windshield vents while cool air comes from the front vents, if I turn off floor and windshield then hot aur from front vents.
Changed the heater celenoid,
I understand there is a flap on a bkender box behind the center console.
Anyone have luck with this. Must I remove the whole dash? Or can I get to it behind center instrument panel... (radio heat control etc...)
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Is the climate control unit set to auto when it happens? Is it possible to adjust front vents temp by turning the wheel with blue and red dots?
+1. I recently learned that this wheel allows for a different temp coming from the front vents (at least on an F30 3-series):

Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Radio Automotive design
Is the climate control unit set to auto when it happens? Is it possible to adjust front vents temp by turning the wheel with blue and red dots?
If hot air is coming out from the floor and windshield vents, and cold (adjustable by wheel) air is coming out from the center vents when the flap control on CCU is set to auto, it's ok. It's not a problem, it's a feature. That's just how automatic air distribution program works. If you want hot air from all vents, you can disable "auto" by setting the airflow on the floor, center and windshield vents at the same time on the CCU and turn the dial on the center vent to red dots.
There is a flap motor that controls the front flaps. You could check to see if that's working ok.
Also check that the crank is still connected. It's only plastic. Might have broken or come off.
2001 330 ci. So when my ac is on Hot air comes from either floor or windshield vents while cool air comes from the front vents, if I turn off floor and windshield then hot aur from front vents.
Changed the heater celenoid,
I understand there is a flap on a bkender box behind the center console.
Anyone have luck with this. Must I remove the whole dash? Or can I get to it behind center instrument panel... (radio heat control etc...)

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.