BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The King of Common Sense
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stucked at the dealer. Quoting a fuel pump. parts and labor. Help. What is the cost?

·
The King of Common Sense
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
crap. thanks for the heartburn. at least it's not a heart attack. :eek:
Update: $1067-10% including fuel pump and fuel filter (expensive and hard to get to if you have to replace it)

2001 330i SP, 5 spd 110K miles.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Stucked at the dealer. Quoting a fuel pump. parts and labor. Help. What is the cost?
I bought a Fuel Pump (VDO/Siemans) plus gasket, Fuel Filter (Mann), Pressure Regulator (Bosch-sold separate on 323's- part of fuel filter on later models) and Fuel Cap at Autohauz for $280.
Do it yourself..it is too easy to spend that kind of money on it at the Stealership.:tsk:

·
is a Texan
1,400 Posts
Get it towed to a Home Depot parking lot after you buy said parts, buy five dollar 5 gallon bucket...DIY!

Sorry for the situation, hope it doesn't burn too badly.

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,984 Posts
crap. thanks for the heartburn. at least it's not a heart attack. :eek:
Update: $1067-10% including fuel pump and fuel filter (expensive and hard to get to if you have to replace it)

2001 330i SP, 5 spd 110K miles.
Wow, for that you could fly me out there, have me replace it, and still have $300 to play with. What a ripoff!

·
The King of Common Sense
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I know. I was stucked. Next time, I ask you guys for a bid, fly you out here and back.

Good thing money is just a number on a sheet of paper. :eek:
Edit: final cost $964.33 which included 10% discount, RT from my house to dealer, and a car wash. :rofl:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts