BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I was driving my 02 745i with 110k miles and a message came up out of nowhere saying "transmission falt". So I stopped the car and it said I only had drive and park. I shut the car off and it kerpt saying it. It finally reset itself. But when I went back to the car, it said itr again. The car has a slight whining within the past few months but nothing too loud. I hope someone can help me here, I replaced the tranny on my 02 x5 which cost 7k, thank got under warranty. My 7 doesn't have any warranty at this time :-(. Any ideas

· Registered
30 Posts
ya its not the tranny, theres this piece that is attached to the tranny that provides pressure inside the tranny. i had this same problem, i'll get u the exact part and cost that i paid when i find my invoice. However do not drive that car until u get that fixed, or then you'll really need a tranny.

· Registered
1,270 Posts
ya its not the tranny, theres this piece that is attached to the tranny that provides pressure inside the tranny. i had this same problem, i'll get u the exact part and cost that i paid when i find my invoice. However do not drive that car until u get that fixed, or then you'll really need a tranny.
Are you talking about the Torque Converter???

· Registered
30 Posts
ok here we go, i got my invoice. The part is called mechatronic adapter, bmw charged the warranty company $580. The part number is 2434561 mechatronics 7499 cp. Few other things were replaced in the transmission such as: 24-34-7-588-724 adapter: 24999934 cost $12, 24-34-7-588-725 sealing sleeve: 24999934 cost $17, and 24-11-7-571-204 gasket, oil pan 248520 cost $29. Hope this helps, and let us know what happens.

· Registered
30 Posts
Ya lets hope its a common problem, and ya you should get a warranty for these cars, its just not worth driving them without one. I paid 2800 for mine and i got way more than that out of them already, forget the transmission, they even paid for logic7 amp and a subwoofer. My dealer was shocked, he was like he never ever seen a company who paid for that. Its realy worth it.

· Registered
1,270 Posts
Ya lets hope its a common problem, and ya you should get a warranty for these cars, its just not worth driving them without one. I paid 2800 for mine and i got way more than that out of them already, forget the transmission, they even paid for logic7 amp and a subwoofer. My dealer was shocked, he was like he never ever seen a company who paid for that. Its realy worth it.
OK, and what warranty company is this?

· Registered
441 Posts
Have you considered taking it in for diagnosis by BMW. It shouldn't be more than 300 and eliminate the guess work. A number of things could cause this and you have no starting point.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Okkkk, so i'm back! Got the 7 in the shop and they're telling me i'm looking at the valve body assembly :eek:( not the quick fix it thought it'd be... one more step tomorrow and hopefully we'll have more info!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.