BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up everyone, I just bought a 325xi, and I had a question I figured one of you could answer. I just did a full tune up on my 325, oil, air filter, running 93 octane, and my car seems to have reaaaaaaallyyyyyy slow acceleration after 60 until about 80-90 then it picks up a little more. I have no mods in the car, fully stock. Very mint. Any suggestions on why this may be?

· Keeping it surreal
43,843 Posts
In the course of your "tune up" (whatever that means these days), did you maybe unplug something that didn`t get re-connected ?

What gear and what RPM range are we talking about here ?

· Keeping it surreal
43,843 Posts
You DO realize that you bought the slowest E46 in captivity, right ?

Is it stick, or auto ? Either way, try downshifting to third and *sting* it, running it up to redline before upshifting (which should put you at around 90 mph....)

· Keeping it surreal
43,843 Posts
I thought the 323 was the slowest of the e46? and its a Manual, it accelerates fairly quick from 0-60 and 90+ but that lull in between is sad, considering I've been passed by a ford focus.
The AWD adds a couple hundred pounds and a lot of extra driveline friction, both of which suck the performance right out of that car.
Do what I said, downshift and use a lower, more agressive gear. BMWs thrive on high RPMs, and come to life in the top half of the rev band.

· Registered
631 Posts
Whats up everyone, I just bought a 325xi, and I had a question I figured one of you could answer. I just did a full tune up on my 325, oil, air filter, running 93 octane, and my car seems to have reaaaaaaallyyyyyy slow acceleration after 60 until about 80-90 then it picks up a little more. I have no mods in the car, fully stock. Very mint. Any suggestions on why this may be?
sounds almost like before I rebuild VANOS. Also putting some fresh gear oil into front/rear differential, MT fluid into gearbox and transfer case add some more life.
Use Redline or Royalpurple.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The AWD adds a couple hundred pounds and a lot of extra driveline friction, both of which suck the performance right out of that car.
Do what I said, downshift and use a lower, more agressive gear. BMWs thrive on high RPMs, and come to life in the top half of the rev band.
Thanks Fast Bob, I shifted around 4-5 and and in 4th around 5-6 and the car was hauling ass. And tonight the Focus got to watch tail lights slip away. Thanks very much Guys. :bigpimp:

· Keeping it surreal
43,843 Posts
Assuming he's got a manual transmission, this is actually not correct.

The slowest E46 is captivity is an AWD with a slushbox. Like mine. :rolleyes:
So I guess that Crown is all yours, eh ? :bawling:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.