BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After all the DV posts, I was surprised that nobody mentioned anything about the masked 03 330Ci they saw. I took a couple pics to share. Clearly it had some sort of cosmetic changes concealed behind all that tape. I guess it was being tested for aerodynamic stablilty and thermodynamics being that it was going so fast through Death Valley soon after this shot was taken.

Perhaps somebody here can make the changes out better than I could...

Okay okay, so it's my car heh. I've got half a roll of that racing tape left if anyone wants it. :bigpimp:

--SONET

·
Hi
4,481 Posts
SONET said:

I've got half a roll of that racing tape left if anyone wants it. :bigpimp:

--SONET
And I've got some land to sell to whoever takes the tape from you, SONET! :D

·
Hi
4,481 Posts
SONET said:
got half a roll of that racing tape left if anyone wants it. :bigpimp:

--SONET
And I've got some beachfront land to sell to the person who takes that tape from you! :D :angel:

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Re: '03 3er coupe facelift spy shot

Raffi said:

And I've got some land to sell to whoever takes the tape from you, SONET! :D
:lmao:

Sheesh, that stuff sucked!

Scott: You're willing to do anything to squash the competition so you can win the BMWCCA Clean Car Contest in April, aren't you?! Just remember, I know where you live! :flipoff:

I'm kidding of course; thanks for ordering it and helping me put it on Scott... I know it was done with the best of intentions. You really should return your roll! :thumbup:

--SONET

·
:-)
2,262 Posts
you bastid, you had me going. :flipoff: :p

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mgs333 said:
you bastid, you had me going. :flipoff: :p
It was so funny... on my way home from Scott's on Friday night right after we taped it up I passed this Camary in the lane next to me. Soon after I passed, they sped up for another look. They were both looking real close and pointing. I tried to act suspicious and kept speeding up, acting like I was trying to hide the front end from them. When we got to the stop light I went into the right lane at the last second and made a right turn. Too bad they didn't have a camera, otherwise my car might have made it into some mags! :lmao:

I know, I need help... but it was good clean fun. :thumbup:

--SONET

·
Registered
407 Posts
SONET said:
After all the DV posts, I was surprised that nobody mentioned anything about the masked 03 330Ci they saw. I took a couple pics to share. Clearly it had some sort of cosmetic changes concealed behind all that tape. I guess it was being tested for aerodynamic stablilty and thermodynamics being that it was going so fast through Death Valley soon after this shot was taken.

Perhaps somebody here can make the changes out better than I could...

Okay okay, so it's my car heh. I've got half a roll of that racing tape left if anyone wants it. :bigpimp:

--SONET
You will really have good laugh when this picture appears on Autospies :lmao:

·
My TARDIS is a BMW
5,352 Posts
SONET said:
right after we taped it up I passed this Camary in the lane next to me. Soon after I passed, they sped up for another look. They were both looking real close and pointing. I tried to act suspicious and kept speeding up, acting like I was trying to hide the front end from hem.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

·
5,820 Posts
Sonet, did you try Goo Gone or Goof Off to remove the residue? Or 3m adhesive remover? Might work.

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
johnlew said:
Sonet, did you try Goo Gone or Goof Off to remove the residue? Or 3m adhesive remover? Might work.
Someone told me that Goof Off would remove the paint from the bumpers. I've used the 3M product, I can't believe I didn't think of that! Thanks for suggesting it... I'll see if I can find that at a store around here.

And you're right.. I've been using WD-40 up to this point.

--SONET

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
SONET -

I am so sorry how that stuff worked out. Feel free to come by for help getting it off. I am going to call OG Racing and tell them our experience with it.

For anyone interested in what NOT to get, it's ICS (or ISC) Racing Tape and I think it's more suitable for NASCAR trying to tape hoods down or holding body parts together after a smack-up. :tsk:

About the only thing the tape was good for was saving chips in the places it stayed on. :rolleyes:

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No worries Scott, we were both looking forward to trying the tape. Unfortunately it wasn't what it was supposed to be, which is certainly not your fault. Besides, I'm sure it saved at least a few chips! :thumbup:

--SONET

1 - 14 of 14 Posts