BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2003 BMW 525i and recently "Check Brake Lamp" and "Check Backup Light" warning messages came on at the same time and it seemed like either the corroded wire harness or bulb socket on the right tail light assembly was causing the problem, because all bulbs look fine and sometimes those warning messages disappear while driving. Does anyone know the exact parts numbers for those two parts (especially the bulb socket) so that I can get the right one?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I have 2003 BMW 525i and recently "Check Brake Lamp" and "Check Backup Light" warning messages came on at the same time and it seemed like either the corroded wire harness or bulb socket on the right tail light assembly was causing the problem, because all bulbs look fine and sometimes those warning messages disappear while driving. Does anyone know the exact parts numbers for those two parts (especially the bulb socket) so that I can get the right one?

Thanks in advance.
No...I don't know the exact part nbr...but that's very easy to find using one of the online part databases. If you've never used any of the online part databases...familiarize yourself with (I think) two of the best sites listed below. They can be helpful in multiple ways, finding the correct part nbr, finding old part nbrs that have been updated, finding all of the part nbrs (old & new) that can be fitted retro or pro actively, find parts that may be used from other BMW models, help determine how to disassemble and re-assemble, etc:

1. http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog
  2. http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do

See item #5 in the part nbr index below the diagram...and if there's multiple numbers listed for #5...then select the one that is correct for your application based on the info listed in the supplemental column for each number:

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
:thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts