BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my pass:mad: door will not open. The handle makes the pin come up but the door will not open. what can i do to fix this.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
(Unk Year) 745Li - Cant open pass door

Its like the inside handle cord is to loose to open the door. If i pull the handle the pin will come up but i cant get the door open. I really need some help.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I had a similar problem with my rear door, You pull handle inside or out and door just wont open. I have an 2002 with no warranty and i also have soft door close. I was not about to pay hundreds of dollars to have the dealer try and replace the mechanism. I pulled the panel off myself from the inside then removed the whole latch and motor assembly. After several hours looking inside the mechanism i finally found that a spring had fallen off that prevented a lever to release the door latch. Took about a day to fix but dealer was already telling me that no it couldnt be repaired Bull! fixed it! not a problem since.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how did you pull the panel off. I have been trying to do so and cant. It seems like part of the panel shuts inside of the door.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts