BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.. I read about 5% of the threads tryna find out what the issue could be ...my ultimate machine isnt so ultimate right now.. i have replaced the alternator, the filler neck for the gas tank, all 12 plugs & coils, rebuilt the transmission and the engine is still going into fail safe mode... the ivm was replaced.. Im at my wits end here.. inna minute I will have a new car.. :mad:

So I guess my questions is if I replace the hfpf and the regulator would that stop my car from going into fail safe mode.. my mechanic changed out 2 other modules.. i dont remember what he said so i'll come back and post those that were changed out on tumaro.. hopefully I'll get some help.. ttys :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I would seriously doubt that the high-pressure fuel pumps are the problem. Have you had the car scanned for codes? The failsafe mode is directly related to transmission issues. Just because the transmission was prepared doesn***8217;t mean it fixed the problem. I would continue to look at that. Maybe there someone in your area that can do a complete scan on the car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.