BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My adjusters are broken and love the look of the superwhite Predators. Shall I search the threads and fix myself adjustors or just upgrade to the Predators? If I upgrade to the Predators, will that solve both the adjustment problem and upgrade the color of my lights? Can I also just change my bulbs since my car is already has ballasts? I've seen the new BMW's that drive around with both eyes glowing and believe the only way I can do this is drive with my parking lights switched on. Is this what people are doing or am I just missing something? How can I also upgrade my foglights to zenon economically?

Your thoughts and associated costs are deeply appreciated.

As a side note, thanks to Forum for input on vapor barriers fix and side window shade fixes. Repairing both now and just picked up 3m Butyl tape and will do that this week. Also fixed my side shade using a bent picture hanger clips and epoxy.

03 Sterling Grey Msport with painted matching MPars, Shades, htd seats, shades, HFM intake, medium tinted, Bavarian auto springs and foglights.

·
Registered
6,925 Posts
You have to consider three factors: performance, appearance and cost. If you already have factory xenon headliamps, I would not bother to spend the money to change over to Predators. The factory Hellas are pretty good and I doubt the Predators have equal performance. If you want a "whiter" look, change the bulb temp. If you want white angel eyes, change the bulb. Repairing your adjusters is a lot cheaper than buying new headlamps. And replacing bulbs is a lot cheaper and easier than installing new headlamps.

·
Constantly Learning
2,046 Posts
Fudman nailed the headlight answer. For HID fogs, the cheapest solution would probably be DDM.

Careful going too cheap with lighting -- quality can also go down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts