BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced the alternator, to do so, i disconnected the negative battery terminal. once i reconnected it the mid/radio wont turn on. it allowed me to set the time and date but will do nothing else. any thoughts out there?

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Have you checked all of the fuses to the other components that send data to the MID that is not working since you disconnected the battery? The MID (multi-informational display) is just a simple control device that receives data from various audio/clock/OBC components...and that's where there info is displayed and controlled. If their functions aren't appearing...then check their fuses etc to make sure that they are okay.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the fuse for the radio tests fine, i replaced it just to be sure. are there any other fuses i should check?

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Did you check the fuse in the actual radio's harness as well as the one behind the glovebox? And depending on how your X is optioned...there may be fuses in the back for the radio...check that fuse index, too to see if you have any fuses listed back there.

There's a 10amp fuse incorporated into the harness that plugs into the rear of the in-dash CD/radio unit:

For example, on my 06 X5 4.4...I have 2 fuses in the rear (72 & 73) as well as nbr 7 up front:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts