Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to remove the damn things. I never have rear passengers and to me they just look goofy. I thought these visible bolts under the package tray were the key. It turns out they went to the seatback latches. I don't understand why the hell they made these things this way. I want to take the ones out of my 02 540i as well. If anyone knows how to do this, please share!

Thank you,
Jamie

·
ZHPper
2,124 Posts
Supernaut1980 said:
I'd like to remove the damn things. I never have rear passengers and to me they just look goofy. I thought these visible bolts under the package tray were the key. It turns out they went to the seatback latches. I don't understand why the hell they made these things this way. I want to take the ones out of my 02 540i as well. If anyone knows how to do this, please share!

Thank you,
Jamie
Just wiggle them around and push up, they come right out. The first time may take a bit more effort than you expect, but it's that simple. I take mine out everytime I clean the interior.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I will definitely try that when I get home this evening. I'm getting my windows tinted tomorrow. I know not having them in there would greatly help those guys.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts