BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My angel eyes are very dim, bought the large round bulbs, went to change them and there are not any in there like it shows in videos. Do i have a different type of bulb for the first year? Thanks

·
Dinggg....what now!
1,074 Posts
i hv tried replacing in situ....not doable.i removed my headlamp from the car to do this....same yr n model car as yrs....

·
Registered
337 Posts
He has halogens, the bulb is literally on the top of the high and low beams. It's just pushed in. There's a wire at the top all you have to do is pull and it comes right out

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So that is the small 12 v bulb that is at the very top. I found that, just was not sure if that was the angel eye bulb, i thought i would have the large ones like i see everyone using. Thank you!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yes that's the bulb. I only know this because I also have an 04 525i and I swapped the bulbs myself. I haven't seen an 04 with different AE bulbs unless there was a retrofit that was done to the car.

·
Dinggg....what now!
1,074 Posts
yup...the xenons headlamps(like what i have) is more difficult to hv the AE bulbs rplcd as it seats lower inside....

·
30FF <3
2,619 Posts
yup...the xenons headlamps(like what i have) is more difficult to hv the AE bulbs rplcd as it seats lower inside....
yes they are a pain to install and take out, as for me, took me 30 min just to do 1 head light, sucker wouldn't turn had to use nose pliers, even then that was hard but it helped..

hope you dont have big hands... :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts