BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently bought a 2004 530i and yesterday I got a message on the screen that read "Electronic System Malfunction - No further driving is possible, go to your nearest BMW center". After that I continued to drive but noticed it was shifting funny. Does anyone know if this problem is tied to the transmission? I checked the book and it doesn't say anything about tranny fluid so i'm not sure if that is something worth checking.

I drove the car again today and the message came back again and the shifting was funny. Has anyone had any familiar experiences? The only other thing to note from my service menu is that it says I need a new microfilter, and brake fluid.

The car is like new condition with 67k miles.

·
Registered
2021 540xi M Sport / Premium / Driving Assistance Plus / Parking Assistance
547 Posts
Well, if it was me, I would do what the screen says and stop driving the car and take it for service immediately. Who knows what further damage you might be doing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called BMW and asked what it could be and they said it could be a number of things. When I asked them if it is ok to drive it they said sure, and gave me an appointment a few days away.

·
Get Down in A Town
159 Posts
i got those same errors but mine was due to a dying battery and causing erroneous error messages like the one mentioned above and Tramission Failure. New Battery and they went away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts