BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have 2004 BMW X5 (4.4i) and getting "Self leveling suspension inactive" message on my dash board. Looks like my SUV is lower front end and has rough ride. I have 100K on it.

I really appreciate helping me out and I live in Maryland, any good mechanic who can diagnose.

Thanks in advanced.

Regards,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Most probable cause i think the air suspension system.. may be the air supply pump (The black round box Under your spare tyre), or ride height sensors (One on front axle right side, one in rear axle left side), or even the air shock absorbers. what you can check by yourself, before starting the car after a long break (Preferably in the morning), try to push the front air packs in the shock absorbers hard. if they feels soft, there is a leak in them and requires a replacement.

·
Registered
1 Posts
question about the starter

So, I've had to get a jump on a new battery 3 times in the last month. Do you know where the starter is located and how easy is it to replace? I appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks Boston15

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.