BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2005 645ci
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
most of the major issues are repaired so i have some time for the headlights…. the green light is flashing at the headlight switch and the headlights arent moving, scanned with inpa and found headlight module wasnt responding, i replaced it with a used module, ( this is an early build car with the separate module located behind the glovebox) , same part number. inpa shows its responding and reads voltages from it, but when i try to trigger the ecu function i get the error: incorrect state, error, ecu, general, reject.
inpa also notes error A58F error wake line, i did check the fuses, not sure how or where to check the wake line signal

·
Super Moderator
9,940 Posts
Is this the only module that was replaced, if so it probably needs to be coded or programmed to enter your vin. I don't ever remember anyone having a problem swapping this module before.

·
Registered
2005 645ci
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
adaptive lights are working! i ended up doing a factory recode to the ALC module with protool, all lighting related errors and flashing green led are gone! while looking through the modules in the protool software i didnt find the AHL module which is shown in the ista control tree as controlling the adaptive functions, in protool it is called the ALC module, i did verify this by the part number. For that reason im keeping ista and inpa but im gonna get used to this protool real quick! It recoded the replacement module and wrote the vin right from my phone. The pic shows the old non working module info.

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 645ci
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i also have the generic k+ dcan cable, i trust it for diagnosis, not so much for coding,,,,the Thor wifi adapter has great reviews for coding, as long as the device procedure of turning on airplane mode, shutting bluetooth and keeping vehicle voltage adequate is followed, some people leave the car running…i havnt looked too close but the software indicates it can resync the cas and dme

·
Super Moderator
9,940 Posts
I have found that leaving the engine running during diagnostics gives better results, until it turns the engine off at the end to clear the faults. Leaving the engine running keeps the voltage more stable, giving better results. It will not bother coding, unless you are playing with the DME. This is one device will allow all wheel cars to disable the all wheel drive function. I don't know why ISTA could not do that, but it was written for BMW?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts