BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
In lust we trust....
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I've replaced my valve cover gaskets....upon doing this I messed up the order of the coils. I found the sequence for the coils, 1 5 3 6 2 4. My coils are not 1 thru 6 mine read 123578. What happened to 4 and 6? Am I not seeing where the number of the coil is at? I'm a chic so go easy on me:)

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,712 Posts
Welcome to Bimmerfest! I've moved your question to our E46 3 Series forum, you'll get more help in here.

Tim

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Ok so I've replaced my valve cover gaskets....upon doing this I messed up the order of the coils. I found the sequence for the coils, 1 5 3 6 2 4. My coils are not 1 thru 6 mine read 123578. What happened to 4 and 6? Am I not seeing where the number of the coil is at? I'm a chic so go easy on me:)
Where do you read this 1 2 3 4 7 8?

You can't mess up the ignition order (1 5 3 6 2 4). The ignition cable harness has fixed positions for the coil connectors. Therefore it doesn't matter where you put the coils. You can mix them up, no problem, coils are identical.

·
Registered
388 Posts
It does not matter what order you install the coils. They are all the same. You only need to make sure the wiring that attaches to the top of the coils is attached to the correct cylinder. That would be hard to get wrong as the length makes it hard to get those crossed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts