BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have issues with my 330i. I got the error code for the crankshaft position sensor. The one below the starter. I went to change it with help from my brother only to find the plug and wire were burnt to a crisp. I have a new sensor and I'm ready to install but there's one issue the wiring Is now too short. All BMW could offer was the pieces to form a new plug but I'm SOL for the wire. I'm told this specific wire is a data wire that interacts with the computer and can't simply be extended and crimped? I'm out of ideas. Is there a harness for this? Any help would be appreciated

·
Banned
10,015 Posts
Hey guys I have issues with my 330i. I got the error code for the crankshaft position sensor. The one below the starter. I went to change it with help from my brother only to find the plug and wire were burnt to a crisp. I have a new sensor and I'm ready to install but there's one issue the wiring Is now too short. All BMW could offer was the pieces to form a new plug but I'm SOL for the wire. I'm told this specific wire is a data wire that interacts with the computer and can't simply be extended and crimped? I'm out of ideas. Is there a harness for this? Any help would be appreciated
It's Hall Sensor 5 volt square wave - just splice in some low voltage wire, maybe for outdoor service. True ruggedness achieved if your solder wires together. Good connectivity too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One more question. Where could I get this type of wire? I'm searching online and can't seem to find a specific compatible wire? Any help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
Any stranded copper wire will be fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts