BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a motorola razr phone that works nicely with the BMW bluetooth setup in my 2006 750Li. If I initiate a call and then hit the hang up button as if I change my mind and don't want to make that call after all, the system locks up. I have no stereo, no NAV, and no phone. Turning the car off will not reset it unless you let the car sit. I acutally had to pull off the road the other day on a 400 mile trip to NY, shut the car off, and let it sit so I could restore the stereo for the remaining 300 miles. Dealer told me today that hitting the hang up button confuses the system and it doesn't know whether to place another call or hang up the first one....and basically so sad too bad. Again...I had to leave the interstate and shut my car off to get my stereo and NAV working again, and the dealer says it's normal. Anyone else run into this problem?

·
The White Knight
648 Posts
I have a motorola razr phone that works nicely with the BMW bluetooth setup in my 2006 750Li. If I initiate a call and then hit the hang up button as if I change my mind and don't want to make that call after all, the system locks up. I have no stereo, no NAV, and no phone. Turning the car off will not reset it unless you let the car sit. I acutally had to pull off the road the other day on a 400 mile trip to NY, shut the car off, and let it sit so I could restore the stereo for the remaining 300 miles. Dealer told me today that hitting the hang up button confuses the system and it doesn't know whether to place another call or hang up the first one....and basically so sad too bad. Again...I had to leave the interstate and shut my car off to get my stereo and NAV working again, and the dealer says it's normal. Anyone else run into this problem?
No I never had that problem and the dealers answer makes no sense to me at all?:dunno:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had the same problem with my 2007 M5. Also (then) with a razr. Next time it does it, don't shut the car off - just turn the phone off or at least the phone's bluetooth. The music etc should resume straight away. It only happened to me sporadically, and never with my blackberry or iPhone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.